Did anyone else lose the ability to set up different Text notifications for people in your contacts?
bigrizo
Enthusiast - Level 1

This was a feature that I loved and used on a daily.  It gave me the ability to choose if I wanted to stop working to answer a text (if it was my Lady friend) or get around to it later. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Did anyone else lose the ability to set up different Text notifications for people in your contacts?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
Re: Did anyone else lose the ability to set up different Text notifications for people in your contacts?
BARALD70

I also lost that capability, I had special notifications for some people so when I received a text I knew who it was from and didn't have to go running to my phone each time

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know there are special features everyone enjoys with their phones bigrizo. I'm sorry you lost your notification feature that allowed you to choose if you wanted to stop working to answer a text.  Which phone do you have? Did you have any recent software updates or new apps?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BARALD70

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and it just took the update like last Thursday or Friday and right after that the text notifications I set up for each of my contacts disappeared, now when text comes in, it's just the "general" notification sound for all messages

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BARALD70,

I totally get where you are coming from. I too have the Note 8 & with the latest software update it took away the customized notifications. We are all crossing our fingers that they will bring this back this with the next software update. On behalf of Verizon Wireless, I apologize for this inconvenience this may have caused.

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes