Re: Differences in PDF Viewers
LeoHamm
Enthusiast - Level 3

No choices available.

bearone21
Legend

interesting, any doc i open, whether pdf, docx, excel, i get a choice, as i have selected a default player on my note5/7.0.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know it is important to view your PDF files LeoHamm. I am sure we will figure this out. Are you able to open the PDF file on a computer? What error do you get when you go into file manager to open the PDF? Are you able to open any other PDF files? 

Amber_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LeoHamm
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm sorry to have to respond in this manner. You do not understand my question. I never said anything about an error. The functionality difference I described is not applicable to a PC, however, the file is certainly readable on a PC. That is where it was developed.

If you re-read my post and determine you have some pertinent and applicable questions or suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks

0 Likes
LeoHamm
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry, but I don't know what a note5/7.0 is. My issue is the difference between the functionality of default pdf viewers between LG Optimus Zone 3 5.X and LG Zone 4 7.x cell phones. Bothe are Android operating systems.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

LeoHamm wrote:

Sorry, but I don't know what a note5/7.0 is. My issue is the difference between the functionality of default pdf viewers between LG Optimus Zone 3 5.X and LG Zone 4 7.x cell phones. Bothe are Android operating systems.

The other community member was referring to their Samsung Galaxy Note 5 which is running Android 7.0 version of the OS.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LeoHamm, thank you for continuing to work with us on the PDF file viewer issue. Our apologies that we asked for an error message when that was not mentioned by you. We can offer to troubleshoot the issue and that would entail gathering more details. One option is to check the Google Play Store https://play.google.com/store?hl=en for a third party app that may help with viewing and dialing from the file. Are you able to view the file in the new phone, but not dial directly by pressing and holding the number or is the file not visible at all in the new phone?

David_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LeoHamm
Enthusiast - Level 3

David,

Your first comment is the correct one ("Are you able to view the file in the new phone, but not dial directly by pressing and holding the number..."). To your comment about the alternative of downloading pdf viewer apps until I found one that worked, that is quite cumbersome. In fact I disconnected the ZONE 4 from the network because I was getting no assistance from Verizon, LG or Google.

So, if you know how to determine the default app used in the Optimus Zone 3 for viewing a pdf file, that would lead me to understand if that can be used on the Zone 4, and if not, what pdf viewer has this functionality.

Another alternative is a phone that operates in this manner. I might purchase that phone.

Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LeoHamm, we definitely want you to be completely informed about the default settings and applications associated to your device. We've attached a link that will provide you with all specifications for the LG Zone 4. Please let us know if you have any additional concerns. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/lg-zone-4/

Geovann_VZW

0 Likes
LeoHamm
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the attempt to assist. What would have been helpful would be to know specifically the difference in default pdf viewers between the LG Optimus Zone 3 (the device that works great) and the LG Zone 4 (the device that doesn't work great). That was my question. Unfortunately, getting the specific question addressed seems to be impossible with Verizon, LG or Google.

As it happens, I could not get the answer so I returned my Zone 4 before my 14 days limit ran out. Of course it still cost me $35.

This question should be considered closed but not answered.

0 Likes