Do you get to upgrade 4 months early in a 2 yr contract? If so, is the upgrade full price for the phone?
odog161

I currently have the LG Ally. Ive had it for almost 2 years, my contract ends in November of 2012. But i am eligible for an upgrade on the 14th of July. Which would be four months before my contract ends. I was wondering if you can upgrade to any phone? I would like to upgrade to the samsung galaxy s 3, but would i have to pay full price? which is around 400$? Or is it a free upgrade?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Do you get to upgrade 4 months early in a 2 yr contract? If so, is the upgrade full price for the phone?
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

All customers are eligible to upgrade 20 months into the contract. The cost will be the same as if you were upgrading at any time, so you'll get the two-year contract price. I'm sure you've read that customers upgrading after June 28 cannot keep their unlimited data plans.

View solution in original post

Re: Do you get to upgrade 4 months early in a 2 yr contract? If so, is the upgrade full price for the phone?
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

All customers are eligible to upgrade 20 months into the contract. The cost will be the same as if you were upgrading at any time, so you'll get the two-year contract price. I'm sure you've read that customers upgrading after June 28 cannot keep their unlimited data plans.

odog161

Thanks for the help! And yes ive heard of the unlimited data plan being canceled.

0 Likes
purduejatt
Contributor - Level 1

I had an option to upgrade to Samsung Galaxy SIII for $99 instead of $199 as part of my early (4 months prior) upgrade. I believe Verizon had a promotion going on that offers the users $100 off any smartphone at the same time, hence I got $100 off. This was better option than upgrading in October, which is when my contract ends with Verizon because the same phone would have cost me $199 with limited data plan. Now, I get to keep my UNLIMITED data plan along with $100 of Samsung Galaxy SIII.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

+1 Smiley Happy  ( that was Good deal on that Galaxy SIII  b33 

0 Likes