Re: Does Verizon network block Chrome Remote Desktop? wont work
Petrol22

Im having exactly the same problem on my s8+. Your verizon staff has obviously not read what this guy has typed... You just keep asking him questions he answered in the post you're currently responding to. Its known that you block some content and speeds over wifi tethering so its not an absurd question to ask if you're limiting access to something. To answer your last question, here is someone else with the same problem.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I wonder if the NAT firewall from the private IP addresses VZW uses to the phones and Jetpacks to access the internet as anything to do with the problem.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
westnman

Certainly.  Next week I can try an identical Samsung J7v with a friend

Will report

0 Likes
westnman

I downloaded the Chrome Remote Desktop app on a 2018 Samsung  J7V almost

identical to mine in terms of configuration. The app does not work over

4G, just as mine.  I does work over WiFi - also the same.

Thank you

0 Likes
Doctor1850

Turn off the data saver modes.  And it should work. 

0 Likes
brutusf

I have the exact same problem as described. I checked and I don't have any data saver options turned on. So that is not the issue for me. I use a Galaxy s9 plus phone. Every time I try to access GRD on my cell phone on a Cellular connection on Verizon, the 4G indicator goes grey and the app times out. I connect just fine when I'm connected to Wi-Fi. This app used to work on Cellular connections and no longer does. It's obviously some type of change Verizon made on their Network. Please research with Verizon technicians and resolve this issue.

0 Likes
Ajspigelmyer

I'm having the same issue and it is incredibly frustrating. This used to work and recently had stopped functioning on my S8. 

Very frustrating. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the need to have all apps work for you, brutusf. We are here to help.

Our 4G LTE cellular data is not the same type of connection like a home land based internet connect is. The main difference is that your data connection with us would not stay connected at all time. As information is needed, the connection will be established, once the information is delivered or uploaded, the connection is closed. 

For certainly internet services and servers that need a constant connection, our cell 4G LTE cellular data service may cause the session to close or disconnect due to the data transfer not being constant. 

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
CESRUA7

We all do respect, I think you are givng us a run around. How many more complants will ke you to look on your side and not the app to see if you can fix the issue

0 Likes
ENCS

It would seem they do, if you use a vpn then crd works fine. Turn the vpn off and it stops working. I use surf shark for this been doing it for over a year now. Verizon is without any doubt intentionally blocking the ports. Though it seems obvious that they want to blame everything else, instead of actually doing the research and testing on there device.

0 Likes