Does Verizon offer a smartphone that doesn't overheat?
Daverawks
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm due for an upgrade. I currently have a Galaxy S4 and I'd really like to stay with Android. My problem is I DON'T want a new smartphone that constantly overheats and shuts down apps that I'm currently using. I just got back from the Verizon store and they were not so helpful in finding a phone that doesn't overheat because they don't know. I have a hard time believing this. Ever since the Kit-Kat update, people have been complaining about this issue and Verizon doesn't know which phones have been improved? Please help...I'm TRYING to give Verizon more money, but I need your assistance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Does Verizon offer a smartphone that doesn't overheat?
Not applicable

Why single out Verizon? They offer the same phones as everyone else. Verizon doesn't make phones nor are the responsible for the OS updates. If your Galaxy overheats that's an issue for Samsung to fix not Verizon.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tcad
Contributor - Level 1

I had a Galaxy S5 for two years that never overheated and now have a Galaxy S6 which has not overheated so far in 1 year. Not sure why you think that they all overheat.

0 Likes
sbso

Try using the phone outside of it's case,  overheating and/or poor battery may be due to the case that you are using

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

It's been a long time since a phone has had issues with shutting down due to overheating under normal use.  The last few phones I've used have had a habit of getting very warm, almost unconfortable to hold, if I am charging while doing some CPU heavy stuff, like playing a graphic intensive game, but none of them close apps due to this.  Really, if you are feeling the heat on the outside of the phone, that means it is getting out and can be a good thing.  This has been with a Galaxy S6, Droid Turbo, LG G3, and HTC One M8.

Not applicable

Why single out Verizon? They offer the same phones as everyone else. Verizon doesn't make phones nor are the responsible for the OS updates. If your Galaxy overheats that's an issue for Samsung to fix not Verizon.

0 Likes
Daverawks
Enthusiast - Level 3

I singled out Verizon since they're my carrier and they're the ones offering the upgrade.

0 Likes
Not applicable

But they have nothing to do with the fact a phone overheats. You will encounter that with ANY carrier.

0 Likes
Daverawks
Enthusiast - Level 3

They sell the phones, correct? They're around them everyday. If there's problems with a particular phone, they'd know, right? If there was a phone that had problems, they'd get complaints and have phones returned to them. They'd also know which phones do well and have good reviews. See, I don't sell phones. I'm not surrounded by numerous brands and models. So, I, myself know nothing about the current phones on the market. It's why I ask Verizon since, 1. They sell phones. 2. They offered me an upgrade. 3. They have to know the products that they sell. 4. They know which phones are better or worse than others.

Does this help answer your question?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Fine then get the same phone from another carrier. Oh wait you'll encounter the SAME issue. Also the job of the sales clerks at the store is to SELL you something. They'll steer you toward the model that makes them the highest commission or their own personal taste.

Daverawks
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why should I go to another carrier when I already have Verizon to ask?

0 Likes