Does Verizon support the LG spectrum any more?
dragonscribe
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am trying to connect my LG spectrum VS920 to a PC using USB. I have done this before, so I know how to do it, but for unknown reasons it will work on some occasions and not on others,

The LG Mobile support tool is so full of errors it is useless. It says to click on “install USB driver’ and follow the prompts – there is no option for the VS920, so what am I supposed to do now?

Further instructions say select LG software from the USB connection type “prompt. There is no such prompt, and when I go into “connectivity there is no such option as “LG Software.”

The instructions say go to Settings>Storage Space> and there is no such selection under “settings”

As a last insult to add to the injury, when I go into the forums it wants me to select my device and there is no options to select the Spectrum. Perhpas this is planned obsolescence, but it feels like plain old abandonment,

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Does veizon sjuppport the LG spectrum any more?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Support for the Spectrum is alive and well, dragonscribe! Here is a link to LG's website for the Spectrum with drivers that you may need: http://www.lg.com/us/support-mobile/lg-VS920
Please keep me updated on the status as I would be happy to offer additional assistance if needed.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Does Verizon support the LG spectrum any more?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The USB connection prompt is in the phone notification bar when the cable is connected to the phone and computer.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
dragonscribe
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the suggestion, Ann154. Unfortunately I am still striking out. I went through several cycles of plugging and unplugging to check this. There are no changes in my notification bar when I connect the USB. When I open the notifications list, there is nothing about USB. I confirmed that in settings>confirmation, I have checked "Ask on connection."

So either my phone is not conforming to the expectations, or I am too near-sighted to spot the correct signals.

0 Likes
Re: Does veizon sjuppport the LG spectrum any more?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Support for the Spectrum is alive and well, dragonscribe! Here is a link to LG's website for the Spectrum with drivers that you may need: http://www.lg.com/us/support-mobile/lg-VS920
Please keep me updated on the status as I would be happy to offer additional assistance if needed.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
aamontgo77

Having same issue, downloaded driver in prior post, with no success.. windows 7 appears to have an issue with device manager, if you look at device manager you probably don't see anything listed... however when I contacted microsoft support, they advised it is working as designed...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

aamontgo77,

We want you to be able to download the drivers successfully! Are you receiving error messages when trying to download the drivers? Please provide details of the issues presented when trying to download the drivers from the link provided.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes