Does the Ellipsis 10 allow separate user id's for signing into tablet? Wanting separate user id's for parental control.
jujufruit01

Just purchased the Ellipsis 10 for my young son and I want to set parental controls.  His current inexpensive tablet was appealing to me as I could create a primary "parent" account with a password and set my son up with a separate account for him to log into the tablet.  This worked perfect so I can control his access to apps, internet, features, etc.  I know you can download apps for parental control, but I found the separate user id's more convenient for all of us.  Can anyone clarify this issue &/or direct me how to set up?  What are the parental control options on this tablet?  Thanks!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Does the Ellipsis 10 allow separate user id's for signing into tablet? Wanting separate user id's for parental control.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jujufruit01, that is a wonderful tablet that you have. I was able to do a little research on the Ellipsis 10 tablet. I’m not showing that there is a feature that will allow you to switch between different profiles. There is always the family base by following this link:  https://my.verizonwireless.com/vzw/nos/safeguards/SafeguardProductDetails.action?productName=familyb...
KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Does the Ellipsis 10 allow separate user id's for signing into tablet? Wanting separate user id's for parental control.
jujufruit01

I tried to add the FamilyBase companion app to the tablet and I got an

error message that it wasn't compatible. Not an option.

On Nov 27, 2015 12:01 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jujufruit01, that seems a bit odd. I would like to get some more details from you. Do you have cell phone lines on the account as well? Or do you have a Verizon account just for the Tablet? Keep us posted.
KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jujufruit01

I returmed the tablet yesterday and got a tablet that better met my needs.

Thanks

On Nov 29, 2015 2:07 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
Adenasha

I would not purchase family base as a firm of parental control if the tablet (like my daughter's) is always going to be connected to wifi, family base only works while using data for tablets, not wifi

0 Likes