Does the Galaxy J3-have a startup or shut down sound?
CharlieM48
Enthusiast - Level 3

On all my previous Samsung phones, and other makes from various cell carriers that I've used over the years had this, including my last phone, a Galaxy S2. The Verizon model number for this phone is SM-J320VPP. I'm new to Verizon, but my wife has a Verizon pre-paid Samsung flip phone that has this musical on/off sound.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: On a Galaxy J3-6, is there suppose to be a musical startup(boot), and shut down sound?
CharlieM48
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you both for your replies.

I answered my own question the other day! My wife liked the phone so much, that I had to get her one too!

It does the same thing(no sound on boot/shut down), so it must be normal. I went through all the settings, and can't find anything that relates to this. I know about the notification sounds, which can get quite annoying really fast, and you do have the option to turn off.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: On a Galaxy J3-6, is there suppose to be a musical startup(boot), and shut down sound?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're glad to see that you're a new customer. It can be exciting when learning how a new device works. For the Samsung Galaxy J3-6 prepaid device, sound notifications can be adjusted by going to Settings, Sounds and Vibrations and select from the options: Sound, Vibrate, and Mute. You can also reach out to Samsung directly as it's difficult for us to determine whether or not there is an actual tone for the phone's startup. Here is the number: 888-987-4357.

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

check settings/sound/more

0 Likes
CharlieM48
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you both for your replies.

I answered my own question the other day! My wife liked the phone so much, that I had to get her one too!

It does the same thing(no sound on boot/shut down), so it must be normal. I went through all the settings, and can't find anything that relates to this. I know about the notification sounds, which can get quite annoying really fast, and you do have the option to turn off.

0 Likes