Does the S4 automatically convert inbound text messages with 3g2 files attached to 3gp?
Norman_99

Does the S4 automatically convert inbound text multi-part messages with 3g2 files attached to 3gp? i've been getting 3g2 files sent to my S4 from family and they are automatically getting converted to 3gp files.  If the same message is sent to our Note 2 they are not getting converted and have no audio.  Is this being done by Verizon or by the S4?

The S4 can play a 3g2 where the Note 2 will not have audio.

The S4 and Note 2 both can play a 3gp correctly.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Does the S4 automatically convert inbound text messages with 3g2 files attached to 3gp?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Norman_99, the software is provided by the manufacturer. They should be able to advise details regarding the software design. Verizon Wireless provides the cellular service for the transmission of said files. You can reach Samsung at 888-987-4357 if you are looking for more details regarding the operating systems installed on their devices.

If you are simply looking for a way to view 3g2 files I would look for an application in the play store that views or converts the files. As much as the current operating systems on the market today can do, they still have some limitations. You can usually work around missing functionality with a third party app.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Does the S4 automatically convert inbound text messages with 3g2 files attached to 3gp?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Norman_99, the software is provided by the manufacturer. They should be able to advise details regarding the software design. Verizon Wireless provides the cellular service for the transmission of said files. You can reach Samsung at 888-987-4357 if you are looking for more details regarding the operating systems installed on their devices.

If you are simply looking for a way to view 3g2 files I would look for an application in the play store that views or converts the files. As much as the current operating systems on the market today can do, they still have some limitations. You can usually work around missing functionality with a third party app.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes