Download photos to computer?
JENGA747

I have a galaxy note 5 and want to download my photos and videos to my computer, but when I plug it in the computer says the phone is locked.  Does anyone know how to fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Download photos to computer?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ensure the screen/phone is unlocked, then pull the notification shade down, tap where it says USB Charging, and change it to File Transfer.  With the Marshmallow update, the default USB mode is charge only.

0 Likes
JENGA747

Thanks, but when i pull down the notification it doesn't have a usb charging button

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's not a button, it's a notification.  See if this helps:

Move Pictures/Videos from Device - Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Verizon Wireless

You may need to unplug the USB cable and then plug it back in again (or try a different port).

JENGA747

No that wasn't helpful.  Id seen that and thats how i got to this forum

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to copy your pictures to your home computer to share with friends and family, and keep a backup is important JENGA747. As tikibar1 has stated the correct steps to do this it is concerning that you do not see that option available. Let's get this figured out so you can move those photos over. What do you see when you pull down the notification bar when the phone is plugged into the computer? Is this a Windows computer or a Mac?

Can you send us a screenshot of what you see. You can take a screenshot by pressing the home and power buttons simultaneously.

JosephE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes