Droi4 software update issue
edaber2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Droid4 .. ever since the last update, I have to reset my notifications (text) volume louder because it resets (quieter or very low) after I turn the phone off and back on again. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droi4 software update issue
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

No ideas or answers, just a confirmation that the sound settings don't "stick" or there's something I'm doing inadvertently that resets to vibrate or very low volume, seemingly randomly.

I have a Droid 4, and I will hear my text, email, G+ and other notifications just fine.  I'll happen to look at the phone and SEE an incoming call - but it's not playing my ringtone.  When I check my sounds, the volume is set very low, or the phone has gone back to the vibrate or silent settings.  I bump it up, and later it's reset to low volume again.  And I have missed calls and texts due to this.  Frustrating, and I'm not sure what the solution is.

I've done a system cache clear (a couple of times), but this happens randomly, and not every day.  I use Smart Actions to set a sound profile for overnight so kids and family calls ring through but not others. This happens during the day....

Sorry I can't be more help.

0 Likes
Re: Droi4 software update issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi edaber2!

I'm sure it's frustrating for your phone's volume to fluctuate like that without you being aware of it. This would bother me as well! Many times, after a software update, a master reset will correct things like this. Please give this a try and let me know how it works out. http://vz.to/18dJCm7

Thank you,

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes