Droid 2 acting up about a month before contract end date
katemontgo

The button on the top (that turns the screen on and off) stopped responding yesterday.

I have to slide the keyboard open to get the phone to respond.

Then, today, I noticed when typing texts that I can't click on the word complete part of the screen, it jumps back to the text box.

My contract is up on Sep 17th and I haven't decided what I'm doing yet. I know I can upgrade with a discount, but I'm not ready to commit to another 2 years just yet. I'm willing to get another phone if this is toast, but I want to make sure I've exhausted options first.

Is there any way to get around this for now? I have removed the battery, restarted, all that kind of stuff already. I have not done a hard reset but I will if anyone thinks it'll help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid 2 acting up about a month before contract end date
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

It is very possible that the button has just gotten worn out and won't work anymore.  I had a similar issue on my Eris where the little tab between the volume rocker and the actual button broke and I couldn't turn the volume down anymore.  Not as bad as what you are dealing with, but it happens.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Katemontgo,
I know the sleep/wake button is very important!  I would recommend an upgrade.  Is there a specific reason you are hesitant?  Please share, so I may help.  Thank you!  ^TB

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

you could always buy a used one for about $50 on ebay to use, until you decide if you want to upgrade or not. then turn around and sell it for about $40-50. look at it as renting it for a few months for about $10 (maybe free).

0 Likes