Droid 3 Battery Issues! Cell Standby is never less than 50% for total charge.
CodeMonkey

I have had my Droid 3 for since the 8th. 

The battery life is horrible.  I did a test yesterday where I pulled it off the charger at 9am.  The battery was dead by 10pm and the only use was to check batt usage 3 times during the day.  Cell Standby was 80% Time without signal was 0% (solid 4 bars)

I had wifi off, gps off, Bluetooth off.  2 days ago I did *228 option 2 to try to help.  I have the network mode set to CDMA only mode.

I sure hope this is fixed!  I am reading about this issue in every forum so I know it's not me.

Please address this!!!

CodeMonkey

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid 3 Battery Issues! Cell Standby is never less than 50% for total charge.
naeniesaurus

I have a similar issue. I got mine yesterday -- and my cell standby is consistently at 35-40% and my time without signal has never been over 10%. When I got it yesterday, I had to recharge it twice, and I don't think I used it more than an average user would. So anyway, I recharged it and took it off the charger at 9-ish this morning and I was down to 50% battery usage after 4 hours. The only thing I'd done was text a few times and play Angry Birds for 10 minutes tops. I somehow managed to make it last the rest of the day, but that was because I barely touched it and only texted a total of maybe 50 times.

I haven't tried the *228 option yet because I'm afriad I'll do something to mess up my phone further. But if someone could help both of us out, that would be awesome. I'd hate to take this phone back because I love everything about it except for the battery life. I mean, it's still under warranty and I have another what, 12 days to take it back to the store, but that's a huge hassel that I really wouldn't have liked to deal with in the first place.

0 Likes
Re: Droid's 3 Battery Issues! Cell Standby is never less than 50% for total charge.
jeromefong

My wife's Droid 3 has the same issue.  The battery usually shows Cell Standby around 50% or a little below and Phone Idle around 45%.  Her battery is dying after 2 hours.  There are no applications running, just Email.  The phone is basically useless right now.  Is there a fix for this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jerome

0 Likes
Re: Droid's 3 Battery Issues! Cell Standby is never less than 50% for total charge.
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Jeromefong, 

I regret to learn of any issues with the battery life on your Droid 3 device. I have checked my references and I am not showing any known issues with this device regarding poor battery life. Please know that I am not doubting your word or the word of the other postings in this thread. 

I recommend going into the Android Market and completing a search on "battery" or "battery saver" and see what comes up. I have one of these installed on my device and I have noticed an improvement in battery life. 

Please post any results.

Thank  you for your posting!

0 Likes
deschliman

I too have this same problem. I have read multiple threads over the net from people  having this same exact problem. GPS, Wi fi, and sync are all turned off. I have noticed that I lose 3g and it switches to 1x at random. Not sure if this is related to the really high cell standby usage. Any help would be great.

Thanks,

David

0 Likes
PWn3R

I am seeing the same problem as well. I have been through 3 new phones multiple resets and battery pulls-- My apps aren't draining its something in the Core OS code for the phone -- I think corporate synch code.

0 Likes
Re: Droid 3 Battery Issues! Cell Standby is never less than 50% for total charge.
yepThisIsMyName
I'm having this problem too. Called support multiple times, they keep offering unhelpful advice like, "turn off your WiFi" or "make sure your screen is not set too bright" even though the screen is nowhere near being the top consumer of batteries. Both WiFi and the radio seem to be using WAY more battery than they should. This is obviously a widespread problem and it needs to be addressed. We pay a very large amount of money to keep our plans, this is totally unacceptable. The Droid 3 should have never been released with these issues and it's certainly not the first time a phone has been released without being properly tested. Every time I get a replacement phone, there seems to be something wrong with it.
0 Likes