Droid 4 Issues
ik8tey
Enthusiast - Level 1

John,

Thanks for responding.  I've had a Droid 4 for the past two years but this particular phone for a year or so, after I returned the previous one under warranty.  This one will no longer charge in the car; I've bought several chargers before I realized I could check the charger with my Kindle.  Now it is only intermittently charging at home. Those are the biggies.

But this phone goes beyond that. Say you receive a call but don't answer it. When you go to return the call later, the phone dial will come up with the number and the name. You press the green phone icon to return the call.  Instead of calling that person, the phone will flip to a different number.  Irritating.

The Maps app will not respond to me.  If I need directions, I have to print them out because I cannot count on the phone to work, or to hold a charge for as long as it takes for me to get to my destination.

It doesn't hold a charge through a work day.  A six hour work day.

It periodically tries to change my language to Chinese.

John, I've had cell phones for over 20 years.  This is the absolute worst one that I've had.

Kate

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid 4 Issues
Snn5
Legend

Have you performed a factory reset of the Droid 4?  Sounds like this is a good first step to take and then if charging issues continue, a new battery perhaps.  If still no joy, might be time to buy a new or newer used phone.

Perform a Factory Data Reset (Device Powered Off) DROID 4 by MOTOROLA | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes