Droid Charge, Can Not Sync Contacts
ftp01

The strangest thing happened to me this morning...

I went to unplug my phone from the charger and I noticed ALL my contacts disappeared. My text messages are still there but they do not have the name of the person I am texting, just their number. All my data and apps are still there as well...it was just my contacts that got erased.

When I go to "manage my contacts" I see all my contacts are there. However, when I go to click sync in the top right the red loading bar appears but nothing is syncing onto my phone. I had my phone plugged into my computer over an hour in hope that when I return my contacts will be on my phone again.

Has anyone ever experienced this issue or know how to sync my contacts back onto my phone? Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Charge, Can Not Sync Contacts
BleuOctopus

I have had the EXACT same thing happen to me yesterday (Sep 2). I have a Samsung Stratosphere and I have no idea what happened! I tried to sync my contacts but only my Gmail synced, nothing from Facebook and I cannot join contacts properly either!  I was going to try to see if there is live chat from tech and support or try to download my contacts again from Backup Assistant.

0 Likes
Re: Droid Charge, Can Not Sync Contacts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi ftp01,

I apologize for the delay and I am confident your issue has been resolved since the original date of your post! If not, I can happily assist you. Try this:login to verizonwireless.com-->Go To Device tab--> My Contacts--Click on Trash-->Select All-->Actions-->Undelete-->then click on Sync to Phone option. I hope this information is helpful, please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes