Re: Droid DNA Mobile Data Connectivity Issues
cupcur20

I've been using my DNA as a hotspot and once a day it will disconnect the mobile data for no apparent reason until I restart it. My signal isn't gone, I still have 3-5 bars 4G but it just stops loading webpages. When it happens 45 mintues into a starcraft game....

0 Likes
Walter71

I was losing the SIM card/connection and not being able to call or do anything because of this.  Took it to Verizon Wireless and they did some sort of wipe - still did not fix. Was occutring frequently.  Tried reasstarting phone - still ssmame problem

What fixed this problem was the following - pulled out the sim card.  Wiped the SIM card with a clean dry eyeglass cleaning cloth and reinserted back in.  Problem fixed - has not happened in the last 24 hours since doing this.  Engineer --- Figured SIM card is building a static charge interfering with phone connectivity after reading all the other posts and people going to extremes - such as replacing SIM card, etc..

Good Luck to everyone else - hope this helps.

-Walter

0 Likes
SMJ6802

Mine just started acting up in the last month or so.  Started with SIM card issues and now it does that and leaves me with no data. Does anyone know if there is a sure fix for this yet?  I'll try pulling the SIM card, what's the easiest way to get inside the phone without busting something?

Thanks.

0 Likes
S6

I've been having this issue since I got my phone in May. Three different Droid DNA's and two different SIM Cards. So my question is: Are no Verizon personnel going to respond to this? They just don't care or what? Too easy, if no response by Monday, I'm switching to TMobile.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

S6 wrote:

I've been having this issue since I got my phone in May. Three different Droid DNA's and two different SIM Cards. So my question is: Are no Verizon personnel going to respond to this? They just don't care or what? Too easy, if no response by Monday, I'm switching to TMobile.

Have you tried contting HTC directly and asking for a new SIM tray?  That seems to have help some customers with their SIM card issue.  It might help you.

As for waiting for a response from a VZW rep, this discussion wasn't marked as a question so the reps will never see it.

Message was edited by: Ann154

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Haruhi

I have been having this problem with my Droid DNA since I got it earlier this year. Sometimes it's ok for awhile then out of no where it drops data constantly. I have to restart my phone. Sometimes more than once to get the data to come back. I've had to restart it five times in a row at one point. I've cleaned the sim card and read what everyone else has said. Occasionally my phone will say it doesn't recognize my sim card or something along those lines. I've gone in to a Verizon Store and of course when i restart my phone there it has data.....I was told it is a known issue and hopefully it should be fixed soon....But that was months ago....Definitely frustrating to have to deal with this expensive phone and have it not work when I want it too. So far no matter who I talk to they all say someone is working to fix it, but nothing ever happens. Unfortunately because of the plan I have, even at upgrade time I have to pay full price for a new phone. Which is ridiculous. So I guess I will just use this phone till it completely breaks and I HAVE to buy a new one. Hopefully someone, some where will have the answer soon......

0 Likes
rjohnson2009

My phone has this same problem, it has already been replaced once, and this one is even worse. It shows that I have 4G but will not connect to any data services and will not send/recieve SMS or MMS. This is by far the worst phone I have ever had. I just want to reactivate my nexus, or my EnV since I cannot get data anyways, no point in paying for it.

0 Likes
Zhanne

I have a Droid DNA, same problems.  No damage to the phone, started loosing connectivity.  Sometimes all together, or just inernet access.  Turning it on and off worked until the last software update was installed.  Now the phone gets service but the internet only works off my wi-fi at home.  Otherwise, it won't pick it up.  Settings are right (per the Verizon help guides on here) but Mobile data reads disconnected.

Seems to be a bigger issue, I've seen it discussed on other forums and many are complaining they are paying for a service they can't use.

0 Likes