Droid DNA SIM card issue--I want to be issued a completely different phone.
jcmcmanj
Enthusiast - Level 2

So as most (if not all) Droid DNA users are aware--there's a BIG problem with the device/software. The updates aren't fixing it like they are supposed to, in fact for me the errors are worse than ever! A simple restart won't even get rid of it so I have to do it 5 times before it finally goes away. I don't want to be issued another Droid DNA that is going to be just the same with the same issue (thats simply a waste of my time and frankly the Droid DNA has already wasted enough of my time already)

I want verizon to issue me a completely different phone, because when I paid for my phone I paid a lot of money for a phone that I thought would work 24/7--but no, this phone is obviously defective. And I DO NOT want to deal with this for another 2 yrs.

SO my question is---I know I'm not the only one out there that feels this way, has anyone talked to verizon about issuing them a completely different phone free of charge or paying the difference (in the event the cost would be more for a particular phone during the 2 yr contract renewal)

(thanks for any feed back, I'm dreading going up to the store and talk to the people who just want your money or will just tell me they will issue me a new Droid DNA, I've seen the other discussions, the phones the people are getting have the same exact problem!!)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid DNA SIM card issue--I want to be issued a completely different phone.
dbduke

I felt exactly the same way.  Went to a Verizon store and they basically told me that they couldn't help me, and referred me to dial *611. I did, and I told the rep about my issues with the SIM card error and that I wanted a different phone.  She told me that all she could do for me for now was replace the phone.  She did hint that if the issue recurred on this second phone, that I might be able to get a replacement,  but that I had to at least deal with a second defective phone first.

The replacement phone came quickly (2 days).  I haven't had time to activate it yet, but I'm sure it will have the same issue.  The first time it gives me the error I'll call Verizon back and ask again for a different phone.  Unfortunately I think this is our only option at this time.  Maybe if enough people complain they'll start a replacement program.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Have you Contacted HTC and had any Luck with them helping ya..?

0 Likes
jcmcmanj
Enthusiast - Level 2

dbduke--can you let me/others look at this how the replacement phone goes and if you get the errors or not? I know it may possibly take a while for the error to pop up, mine didn't start until after 2-3 months of using the phone. But your comment gives me a slight glimmer of hope of getting a completely different phone.

0 Likes
jcmcmanj
Enthusiast - Level 2

know* how the replacement phone goes

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Jcmcmanj,

I am so sorry to hear that you are having issues with your HTC Droid DNA.  We want to make sure you are able to fully utilize your device as expected.  Has any troubleshooting been completed on the device? If so what steps has been taken?  We want to make sure we get your device back up and working as soon as possible.  We look forward to hearing back from you.

WarrenM_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
hazmatdiver
Enthusiast - Level 2

ok new to the forums , here is my issues with my droid lemon ( dna ). I bought the phone in december with no issue,s best phone i ever had, long battery life and easy to use with a great screen , this all ended in feb when some genius decided the phone needed an update . ever since the update nothingtheres been but problems , droped calls "preparing sim"  , battery life sucks picture popping a soda can open and pouring out the soda thats my battery , did i mention more droped calls , can use anything but the charger that came with the phone - another problem since the update . no i am on phone #4 same issue with all of them they work out of the box fine then a update rolls thru like a tornado and distroys everything . so here is the list . 4 phones 3 sim cards and countless wasted hours on the phone with tech support telling me there is no known issues with this phone , pardon my french but they are full of S*** search android forums , verizons site , and many others to see pissed off customers having the same issue . to top everything else of i have had several phone calls to HTC concerning this issue and once again NO KNOWN ISSUES . its thursday 6/13/2013 at 4:22 i currently according to fed ex have yet another dna sitting at my front door . lets see is this one works but some how i am not feeling to optimistic about it . since tech support is reading these forums they must have some clue about how pissed off customers are becoming with the lack of service and support we as CUSTOMERS  who pay our bills on time and in full in order for verizon wireless employees to have a job are getting. please contact me concering this issue as i have had enough .

rforce1024

I know how you are feeling and im sure alot of others are too. It seems like almost every cellphone is having the SIM card issue. My nephew has the HD Razr Max and he is having the same problem..

I have a DNA and it had the same problem, I called Verizon and had them send me a new SIM card. So far so good, but im not saying that may be the issue for you, maybe you got stuck with bad phones.. that can happen just like buying a car..

Anyway i hope this 4th DNA works for you

0 Likes
jcmcmanj
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I wanted to give you all an update, I finally decided to do a chat with a verizon online rep--I refuse to go to a store in fear that I might blow up. I guy I talked to was understanding to the issue and told me what I needed to do..do I like what he said? No, but I was at least happy he understood the frustration and actually ACKNOWLEDGED that this is indeed an issue.

This is basically what he said in a nut shell:

1) Do a factory reset--supposively that will help with the software update

I backed all my pictures/contacts up on goggle+ and all your apps will be in google play (all except my candy crush           extra lives which I thought was odd/conspiracy)

RESULT: same error times 5.

I expressed my hate in having to do the reset but I'm basically going to have to back all my stuff up anyways if I get           a new phone

2) Request a replacement phone--because I spoke to him thru the chat our conversation can be saved to my profile so whoever assits me next will be able to pick up where we left off---I find this to be EXTREMEMLY CONVENIENT! (you can also have the convo emailed to yourself for reference)

RESULT: Haven't done this yet but I'm waiting for the chat to become avail so I can request a replacement. But I'm              assuming it will NOT work.

3) Once they replace the phone and in the event I still get the error I have to contact HTC and they will have to replace my phone, Verizon apparently cannot do anything after that.

I want to say I'm made as all get out but I guess I understand that its a HTC issue and not so much a Verizon                      issue..they are basically just stuck in the middle. Do I agree with having to contact HTC--NO. But at this point I will           do whatever I have to do to get a new phone because I HATE THIS PHONE.

My recommendation--Use the so you can have reference and evidence of the issues and evidence for HTC that you have done everything possible to get this resolved.

(to go to Chat: go to Verizon wireless website>contact us (upper right hand corner)>get in touch>Chat now (if avail)

0 Likes
dbduke

New phone is working so far.  The SIM card issue has not appeared yet (after a little more than a week).  There does seem to be something wrong with the mic on this phone, though, so I may end up sending it back for that issue.  But that's probably unrelated.

It should be noted that the replacement phones are not new, but refurb'ed.  Mine had some obvious signs of wear, but was overall in pretty good shape.

0 Likes