Droid DNA: constantly searching for system update
bobharris1989
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Droid DNA, and I clicked on Check New under System Update. I did this two days ago. Ever since, the little pop-up that reads "Checking for New Software available now..." has been there constantly for these past two days. I can still use my phone normally by hitting the Home icon to make the pop-up go away. But the pop-up always returns, and during this time my battery is draining significantly. Does anyone have any ideas of how to make my phone stop searching for a system update?

I have already tried turning off and on my phone, turning off WiFi and data, and force stopping all running apps. Any other ideas that I didn't try yet? Please and thank you.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid DNA: constantly searching for system update
bobharris1989
Enthusiast - Level 1

Update: I did a factory reset and it solved my problem.

Word of advice, do NOT check for a new software update unless you are 1,000% sure you are supposed to be receiving one. If you check for an update and there isn't one there, it will just keep continuously searching for one for days, draining your battery in the process.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Droid DNA: constantly searching for system update
bobharris1989
Enthusiast - Level 1

Update: I did a factory reset and it solved my problem.

Word of advice, do NOT check for a new software update unless you are 1,000% sure you are supposed to be receiving one. If you check for an update and there isn't one there, it will just keep continuously searching for one for days, draining your battery in the process.

0 Likes