Droid DNA wireless charging suddenly stopped working...
il_padrino

After using an energizer wireless charger for over a month on my DNA, the wireless charging suddenly stopped working. I tried it on other working qi charging pads (even the one in the verizon store) and it still didn't work.  Why did this happen? Better yet - how can I fix this? Or will I need a replacement?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid DNA wireless charging suddenly stopped working...
HawkMultimedia

If disabling and enabling NFC didn't clear it, and they confirmed it in the store on other working chargers, then they should've offered you a replacement.

0 Likes
TommyFri

I had same issue. Newest software update seems to have cleared it up. No rhyme or reason.

0 Likes
KevinLL
Enthusiast - Level 1

My DNA has done great charging wirelessly on several different kinds of Qi charging pads, but it has been giving me a lot of trouble this week, charging okay some of the time, but getting very hot and not charging at other times. The problem showed up suddenly after a big operating system update I just received from Verizon; I am not sure yet whether or not that is the source of the problems.

0 Likes
RandyBullard

I'm having a similar problem that I think is linked to the recent major software OS upgrade.

When my phone is on the wireless charger, it regularly throughout the night will "start" charging and the screen will wake up for a few seconds, and then it will be dark for a anywhere from a few seconds to a couple of minutes and then do it again.  Every time the screen wakes up, it says "Wireless Charger Detected".  I don't know if it's gaining and losing connection to the wireless charger (a Nokia stand) or if it's using a bit of its charge and then restarting charging to top off the battery over and over again.  If I ignore it, it will stop after a while, maybe 5-6 cycles like this.  I can't find an rhyme or reason to why or when it happens.  It did not ever happen though before the new OS upgrade.

0 Likes
KevinLL
Enthusiast - Level 1

That sounds exactly like the way mine was acting, Randy, and it was getting hot and losing charge during those times of intermittent charging. I tried rebooting my phone a couple of times and it didn’t help. I had to charge it by USB cord when it was misbehaving like that. Strangely, it has been charging fine again, now for the past week. There have been no software changes since the automatic OS upgrade on December 13.

0 Likes
Musicman69

I have a Droid DNA. Just purchased a Droid wireless charger. It works in one room (sort of) but not in another. Does signal strength have any issue on the charger working? Also I turned phone on the pad 180 degrees and it started to work.

0 Likes