Re: Droid Dna so called "Update"
Tidbits
Legend

HTC chosen to update Sense. That's out of the hands of carriers. Not much you can do about it.

KraZ4sure
Enthusiast - Level 3

Great thing about Android.  Plenty of widgets and wallpapers to get from Play Store.  Even third party Sense 4 themes and widgets.

0 Likes
KraZ4sure
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well that was single handed the best reply of the post!!!  

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I don't like the skins for the most part. I do like how manufacturers are doing a Google edition phones that are sold in the play store. I hope manufacturers give that type of option going forward for those who don't like the skins.

GrandePapi
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes. The update claimed the battery life would be enhanced but mine dies very fast when just sitting there. Much faster then it did before the update.

0 Likes
KraZ4sure
Enthusiast - Level 3

Agree!  Freedom to development is a great thing although I like Blink feed.  Installed the Sense 5 Rom for it.  I love the easy access tidbits.  I customize my widgets a lot to look a bit more vanilla.  Sick of the HTC weather clock.  So overbearing to me but that's just preference.  Never use stupid as a label.  I did do a stock Google rom on my DNA and didn't like it.  I like the AOSP look but now have a Maxx for that.  I switch between phones for fun.  Weeeeeeee!  

Curious... I thought there was a way to block OTA's or is that for root only?

Tidbits
Legend

With the way manufacturers are doing their code you can't block it without root.

0 Likes
Waimon
Contributor - Level 3

You know some people are just afraid of change. Most of the things that was changed liked the blink feed you can turn off. And the blink feed is not that bad but can drain the battery a little if you are using it. As for the weather app I think it is better and for the widgets you can keep the old weather widget on your home screen if you like. They left a lot to get it close to what is once was. Updates people may change some things but it is really for the better. Get in there in learn some of the new stuff you might find some things you like about it. Like someone said above the 2 finger swipe down is very cool I like that. To me as far as the update goes, very good job HTC thanks for keeping us updated with the newer HTC phones. Oh and not to mention the improvement on the wifi a great thing, thanks so much and keep up the great work.

0 Likes
GrandePapi
Enthusiast - Level 2

I hope that is true. Do you know how to turn the full screen animation for the weather because mine stopped.  Also any way to change the theme.  And there are many things that cant be changed thats making people complain. Mine for example, the wifi goes in and out.  When I turn the keyboard in landscape which is how I text there's missing keys. The phone now takes time to load text and send. There are basic phones that dont even need to load a text.  I can only take a few photos before my camera shuts off. It has nothing to do with being afraid of change, its about downgrading a phone I paid for, and making it worse.

0 Likes
RCAddict_us
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have found the SMS takes way longer now. There is a load pause and a wait pause after hitting send.  I also have suddenly been having my SIM card randomly fail and the phone has to refind it.  Can't say as battery life is any better or not.

I personally don't like the square black and white theme at all.  It's hard for me to read and see where certain buttons are.

I haven't seen an easy way to replace the theme without installing a whole new launcher and I don't want to do that as that usually slows things down.  I'm all about the speed with a little pretty thrown in.

I have found like 2 things that are nicer in this version then last, but not enough nicer to warrant the failing sim card and the crap text messages.

0 Likes