Droid Eris Help Please
dwright0508

Okay well I have had the phone for 4 months. I have returned 5 of them because of numerous amounts of problems. Another thing I noticed and can somebody tell me if I'm right, did the discontinue the Eris? Anyway is there anyway that I would be able to trade this for another phone. Has anyone done this? I have been looking all over for some websites with cheap motorola droids w/o a contact and I haven't got any luck. So what are your ideas on this. Has anyone got to trade this Droid for another phone or found a website other than eBay and Amazon with cheap phones w/o contracts?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Eris Help Please
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

You could ask to switch to another different phone like the Droid. Just mention that you have had several problems with the your phone now and want to know if you can get a refurbished Drod. Make sure you at least say refurbished!  Hopefully they'll say yes. I am trying to think of other web sites that offer phones without a contract, but the only 2 that come up are craigslsit and ebay. I was thinking possibly ubid web site,but that is like ebay. Buy.com is another good site but limited stuff.

0 Likes
dwright0508

TheGreatOne wrote:

You could ask to switch to another different phone like the Droid. Just mention that you have had several problems with the your phone now and want to know if you can get a refurbished Drod. Make sure you at least say refurbished!  Hopefully they'll say yes. I am trying to think of other web sites that offer phones without a contract, but the only 2 that come up are craigslsit and ebay. I was thinking possibly ubid web site,but that is like ebay. Buy.com is another good site but limited stuff.

If I buy the phone off of eBay, how would I activate that and at any time can I switch back to my Eris. Also if I activate this Droid then want to switch back to the Eris. Does that warranty go away because I know this Droid won't have a warranty.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1
You can activate it any time yes. If the phone has been activated once before then you do not need to pay an activation fee. You can switch back to your eris when ever. Probably the easiest way to switch is just to dial *228 + send from the verizon cell and press option 1. On the phone you purchase from ebay, that phone wont have warranty on it. Only your eris would have the 1 year warranty.
0 Likes
dwright0508

TheGreatOne wrote:
You can activate it any time yes. If the phone has been activated once before then you do not need to pay an activation fee. You can switch back to your eris when ever. Probably the easiest way to switch is just to dial *228 + send from the verizon cell and press option 1. On the phone you purchase from ebay, that phone wont have warranty on it. Only your eris would have the 1 year warranty.

So do you think if I complain and tell them all the problems and then ask for a refurbished one they will say yes. 

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
I have heard on various forums that some people have gotten phone upgrades, but it really seems to depend on who you get
0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

dwright0508 wrote:

So do you think if I complain and tell them all the problems and then ask for a refurbished one they will say yes. 

Do mention the problems and say that you keep receiving the phone over & over. It's just the same problems keep occuring no matter what. You are wondering if you can get a refurbished Droid instead.

0 Likes
dwright0508

TheGreatOne wrote:

dwright0508 wrote:

Do mention the problems and say that you keep receiving the phone over & over. It's just the same problems keep occuring no matter what. You are wondering if you can get a refurbished Droid instead.

That is exactly what I said. I also said I've spent countless hours with reps trying to fix it and had to factory reset like 5 or 6 times. She said that they can't do that but she can offer me a preowned one for 286 dollars. So the rep sent me a dif Eris. 

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

ah bummer. I guess it also depends on which rep you get. In the past I have seen some users get the option to switch to a different refurbished phone. I hope the phone you get works better this time around.

0 Likes
Danyeil

I've had going on 5 Eris's. Verizon has told me that it's not an inherited problem! As we can all obviously tell it is. I called today and they were going to send me out a refurbished Moto Droid but they didn't have all the parts. I'm fed up with them and am now waiting on a supervisor to call me back. I'm only giving them an hour or two. It's so frustrating to have a phone that messes up all the time. 

0 Likes