Re: Droid Eris Help Please
dwright0508

Danyeil wrote:

I've had going on 5 Eris's. Verizon has told me that it's not an inherited problem! As we can all obviously tell it is. I called today and they were going to send me out a refurbished Moto Droid but they didn't have all the parts. I'm fed up with them and am now waiting on a supervisor to call me back. I'm only giving them an hour or two. It's so frustrating to have a phone that messes up all the time. 

They sent you a refurb of the Moto Droid

0 Likes
dwright0508

I just spoke with another rep. He said that its against policy and maybe when I get this refurb and it doesn't work I can get transferred to tech and they might send me one. But why would they send me one when "its against policy", why would they be able to and the rep not be able to.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
Verizon certainly has strange ways of stating/enforcing their "policies." Remember, they are a business and, like any business, they are going to do whatever they can to keep money in their pockets. You, on the other hand, need to do what you can to get what's right. There will be a time to jump through their hoops and a time to stand your ground.
0 Likes
dwright0508

Well should I buy one off eBay or just keep trying for one from Verizon?

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
I would be very wary about buying one off ebay. You won't have the warranty, and it might have the same issues. I mean, why are they selling it anyway. Unfortunately, most people aren't having much better luck with verizon either. Like I said, you might have to jump through their hoops for a while. Stick with it and talk to supervisors as much as possible.
0 Likes
dwright0508

demmo86rt wrote:
I would be very wary about buying one off ebay. You won't have the warranty, and it might have the same issues. I mean, why are they selling it anyway. Unfortunately, most people aren't having much better luck with verizon either. Like I said, you might have to jump through their hoops for a while. Stick with it and talk to supervisors as much as possible.

I mean buy the Moto Droid off of eBay

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
Same basic answer. While problems with the moto haven't been as prevalent, some do pop up from time to time, my wife's had an issue with not ringing, and some sound issues for a while. Personally, I wouldn't do it, but I also won't say not to.
0 Likes
dwright0508

demmo86rt wrote:
Same basic answer. While problems with the moto haven't been as prevalent, some do pop up from time to time, my wife's had an issue with not ringing, and some sound issues for a while. Personally, I wouldn't do it, but I also won't say not to.

Darn I really are in a predicament here. I really do not know what to do.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
Guess they got you right where they want you
0 Likes
dwright0508

**bleep** Verizon. When I get my next refurb I will update this thread with hows that going.

0 Likes