Droid Eris Text Questions
amz2323

So I have had my Eris for a couple weeks now and love it.  However, There are a few features from my old phone(s) that I really miss.  Im not sure if the Eris just doesn't have these features, or I just havent figured them out yet.  Hopefully someone can help.

1.  Is there a way to lock or save a text message so when I delet all my messages the ones I choose will not be deleted?  Not pictures or audio, just a plain text.  Sometimes I get information via text that I would like to save.  I also Like to keep my message folders clean.  So yea, wondering if there is a way to lock selected texts to keep them on my phone.

2.  Is there no way to silence your phone when you recieve a text message.  When my phone is asleep and I recieve a text, I have to hit the power button, slide to unlock, then open the message folder or notification screen.  When I am in the browser looking something up and I recieve a text, I have to close the browser and, again, hit the message icon or notification panel to quiet my phone.  All other phones I have had, there was usually at least one way to quickly mute the phone.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Eris Text Questions
PPC_Dude
Contributor - Level 2

I should read better.  The directions below are for the Moto Droid not the Eris.  However, the text message option may work, but I doubt the mute option will. 

amz2323 wrote:

So I have had my Eris for a couple weeks now and love it.  However, There are a few features from my old phone(s) that I really miss.  Im not sure if the Eris just doesn't have these features, or I just havent figured them out yet.  Hopefully someone can help.

1.  Is there a way to lock or save a text message so when I delet all my messages the ones I choose will not be deleted?  Not pictures or audio, just a plain text.  Sometimes I get information via text that I would like to save.  I also Like to keep my message folders clean.  So yea, wondering if there is a way to lock selected texts to keep them on my phone.

2.  Is there no way to silence your phone when you recieve a text message.  When my phone is asleep and I recieve a text, I have to hit the power button, slide to unlock, then open the message folder or notification screen.  When I am in the browser looking something up and I recieve a text, I have to close the browser and, again, hit the message icon or notification panel to quiet my phone.  All other phones I have had, there was usually at least one way to quickly mute the phone.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

1. "Press & Hold" on the message.  A menu will pop-up; select "Lock message".  Your done.  If you then delete the thread, you will have the option to delete locked messages or not.
  2. If your phone is asleep, hit the power button to wake it up and swipe right to left instead of left to right.  That will mute the phone instead of unlocking it.

0 Likes
amz2323

No doesn't work on the Eris.  If you longpress you only get the option to

Call

Open Contact

Send SMS

Foreward

View message details

Delete Message.

I wish they had a lock option.  I used to use that alot!  Thanks for the suggestion tho!

0 Likes
amz2323

Anyone have any ideas?  Maybe an app that I have missed for being able to lock texts?

0 Likes