Droid Eris question/problem
patrick_bateman

Searched around a bit for this, but didn't see this problem....

My girlfriend just got an Eris.  Everything seems fine, she is happy with the speed and functionality (I have the Moto Droid, so to me the Eris is slow as a snail).

BUT....In the stock browser, when she goes to google.com, the screen just turns into a blank gray box.  Every other webpage that we've tested works fine, but google.com just doesn't work.  The google search widget works fine, and displays search results on the "normal" google looking page, so it's not a huge deal, but i just think it is strange.  Should we take the phone back to VZW, just for that, or should she just get used to only using the search widget (that's what i say, but old habits die hard)?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Eris question/problem
truelove79
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hehe, you think the Droid is fast compared to the Eris.  You should try a Nexus One, wowee wow wow.  That thing is a beast.

0 Likes
patrick_bateman

My cousin has the N1, it is fast when it works.  Having to reboot every 5 minutes really slows it down though :smileywink:

0 Likes
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

patrick_bateman wrote:

Searched around a bit for this, but didn't see this problem....

My girlfriend just got an Eris.  Everything seems fine, she is happy with the speed and functionality (I have the Moto Droid, so to me the Eris is slow as a snail).

BUT....In the stock browser, when she goes to google.com, the screen just turns into a blank gray box.  Every other webpage that we've tested works fine, but google.com just doesn't work.  The google search widget works fine, and displays search results on the "normal" google looking page, so it's not a huge deal, but i just think it is strange.  Should we take the phone back to VZW, just for that, or should she just get used to only using the search widget (that's what i say, but old habits die hard)?

You can try clearing the temp files:

Menu-->More-->Settings--> Clear XYZ (Eris stock Browser)

You can clear data in Menu --> Settings --> Application too

0 Likes
patrick_bateman

Thanks, I'll tell her to try that!  Should have thought of that on my own.  D'oh

0 Likes