Droid Eris
stephvle

Anyone having trouble out of the Eris? I have had it for about 4 months and it blew up. I took it back to Verizon and he stated "since you do not have insurance you can buy a used one for $169.99". I purchased a phone that does not last half as long as the contract I am under? I work in purchasing and we do not treat our customers this way. If you purchase something from our company we take responsibility for it and the repair...even if we have to call other vendors after it is returned to get it fixed. Verizion told me to call HTC and HTC  told me to call PCD, who stated to send it back and they will send me an estimate for repair. This is my only phone...no home phone. I have all my children's school contact me by e-mail and phone through this device and it is defective.  My only choice here is to use an old phone and turn off my data plan which should inturn save me about $600 until I am up for renewal. Very dissapointed customer of the Droid.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Eris
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
What about the the year warranty? Could what happened to your phone fall under that?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Droid Eris
stephvle

It's amazing, after a few phone calls to HTC and PCD about 8pm last night my phone started working again. After retuning home from one of my childrens ball games I wanted to try one more time and there it was. Glad I did not purchase a new phone yesterday after visiting Verizion. PCD promised me that giving HTC my SN number would not have caused this to happen but makes me question giving out my SN number again.

0 Likes