Droid Maxx 2 suddently saying "Google Play Services Not supported"?
senitar
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had this phone for over six months and was able to use all of the google apps and youtube. As of a few days ago, I can no longer use gmail or any other google app. It keeps on saying (... requires Google Play Services which is not supported on your device. Please contact you device manufacturer).

I've cleared the cash and removed updates and force stopped Google Player Services as well as apps like Gmail and it does not fix the problem. Any ideas?

Thanks

Joe

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid Maxx 2 suddently saying "Google Play Services Not supported"?
senitar
Enthusiast - Level 2

Problem solved, but the cause will remain a mystery. I downloaded and

installed Google Play Store from APKMirror.com and now everything is ok

again.

Thanks for the help

Senitar

[Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you disable anything recently? Can you open the Play Store from the device? I wonder if the version of the Google Play Services is out of date and needs to update, but you have to open the Play Store first for the automatic update for the Play Services application to start.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
senitar
Enthusiast - Level 2

Interesting that Google Play Store app is now missing from my phone and I can't seem to find a way to download from my desktop computer. This is starting to sound like I may need to reset this phone back to its factory image. I'm not sure how one does that

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The only time I have seen the Play Store application missing from the phone is when it is being updated in the background. Otherwise I'm not sure what is happening.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having access to Google Play is important Senitar. What have you done so far on the device? Do you recall when and how the Play store was deleted.
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I agree that is very interesting, senitar. There are some tips that we can suggest in order to get this vital app back on your device.In many cases you would get this message if there is an outdated version of the app installed.

Go to Settings>Apps>Search Google Play>click uninstall button or uninstall updates

Power the phone off/on and let me know what happens.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
senitar
Enthusiast - Level 2

The problem is I've searched the installed apps and Google play store is no

longer on the phone and Google Play services is back to the version that

was installed on the phone at the factory. I would have thought that the

google play store was a factory installed app and could not be deleted,

but is is gone. At this point I'm downloading the apk's to my desktop and

will try to install them via USB

On Fri, May 6, 2016 at 9:16 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
senitar
Enthusiast - Level 2

Problem solved, but the cause will remain a mystery. I downloaded and

installed Google Play Store from APKMirror.com and now everything is ok

again.

Thanks for the help

Senitar

[Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

0 Likes