Droid Pro Charger Problems
alb923

I bought the Droid Pro in April 2011. I love this phone BUT I have gone through 3 chargers. Whenever I buy a new one it works great for a couple months and then its like it cant connect anymore. I dont understand what could be going on, I've had multiple phones for 6 years and never had to buy another charger due to one not working. I have a car charger also and that works fine but the chargers that I use everyday the attatchment seems to always go bad. Is my phone damaging the charger, causing it not to work right? When they start going bad they only charge whenever you very carefully plug it in and not touch/move it, then it usually stops working altogether. Like I said I love this phone but this is making me crazy! I took it into Verizon after the 1st charger went bad and he plugged it into a Blackberry charger and said it still works so its not the phone. I'm not sure what else to do? Any suggestions? Any good brand of charger that might work better? I had the one it came with, then 2 different brands since hopeing another brand would work differently, but thats not the case Smiley Sad

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Pro Charger Problems
mollysunflower

I have the same exact problem, and I have no idea why...which is why I am researching.  The Verizon car charger I bought a few months ago already does not "fit"...and this is my 3rd. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mollysunflower, being able to charger your phone is definitely very important and I’m sorry to hear of your difficulties. But don’t worry because I’m here to help.

I’ve researched this and did not find it to be a reported known issue with your device. You mentioned that you had this happen with three different chargers and now your vehicle power charger isn’t working as well.  It seems the issue may be with the phone. Does the charging port on your phone seem loose? Has there been any physical or liquid damage to the phone?

When you connect the charger to your phone does the battery icons on the screen show it charging? I recommend you take the phone into a Verizon Wireless store for a hands on evaluation. This will help rule out any damage and they can also test other chargers. Visit http://bit.ly/3SdsA to find the nearest store.

Please keep me posted if you need any further assistance.

John B

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
PatMig

Im on my soon to be 4th Droid Pro....charger port stoprs charging, replacement phones thru manufacturers warranty are used, just got one 8 days ago ( 3rd replacement for same reason) and it just happened again. I take care my phones, for and am on call for my job so need a phone at all times. Whats going on with this phone?

0 Likes