Droid Pro Location Service not working?
sanloublues
I'm not sure if this is intentional or my phone is broken. I'm trying to use aGPS w/ my apps and it keeps telling me to enable a location source in the system settings. I have enabled aGPS repeatedly and the apps just keep telling me to enable something. Is this broken or intentionally broken? It worked perfectly with the Droid 2 Global that I had briefly and I thought this was the same thing in a different form factor.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Pro Location Service not working?
steveanderson13
Contributor - Level 2

sanloublues wrote:
I'm not sure if this is intentional or my phone is broken. I'm trying to use aGPS w/ my apps and it keeps telling me to enable a location source in the system settings. I have enabled aGPS repeatedly and the apps just keep telling me to enable something. Is this broken or intentionally broken? It worked perfectly with the Droid 2 Global that I had briefly and I thought this was the same thing in a different form factor.

Need a complete description first before drawing any conclusions.  You say aGPS. Does standalone GPS work?  You are enabling either in:

To set your location, touch Menu  >
 and/or  Use GPS satellites > Location & security >
Use wireless networks .

Data would have be enabled to use aGPS as this is using Verizon network. 

As a further test, you might want to download GPS Test from the market.  Please post back.

0 Likes