Droid Pro Locks up/Freezes
rhubarb

This is by far the worst phone I have ever owned. I wanted a phone with full qwerty keypad like a Blackberry but I regret it now.

The most recent string of unfortunate events started yesterday as this thing froze up while I was on an important call so I can talk but cannot use any of the buttons. So I have to removing the battery and power it back on. I resume the call and it freezes again at which point I almost threw it against a wall.  It randomly restarts as well and there is no rhyme or reason or way to re-create on demand so it can be blamed on downloaded apps or children's laughter.  No wonder Verizon gave me this phone for free.

In addition to the phone being unable to stay on for any period of time, whenever I type on the top row of keys I hit the menu buttons. I've hit the magnifying glass so it changes letters to shortcuts.  That's fun when your in the middle of texting someone and the S key brings up google search!

This is just a rant and a word of warning to anyone who even contemplates getting this antiquated phone. Just avoid it.

I sure miss when phones could actually, you know, make phone calls instead of playing music, movies, streaming apps, and becoming "master of none" survival knives of superfluous crap.

I will be resetting this phone to factory defaults and see if my situation improves. Next step is taking a hammer to this one.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Pro Locks up/Freezes
fonz02152001

Been having the same issues myself, and this is WITH the replacement phone that they sent me because my last one was defective! :s Is there a 'lemon law' for phones? If there is, this would be at the top. Mind you, when it works, it works GREAT... but whenever it decides to have one of it's little 'fits'... ^$&%^*^%*$&! This one actually behaves WORSE than the previous one at times... like when it just decides out of nowhere to just 'reboot'... in the middle of opening an app... or trying to send a text... or make a call... or turn on Wi-Fi... or start downloading updates... or bring down the notification bar... or, well, you get the picture... AND IT TAKES THREE RE-BOOTS TO GET IT BACK UP! Smiley Sad At least the other one would come back up after just ONE of these 're-boots'. Come on Verizon, get these things fixed, or take them back and give us all something that works... re-call them or something... because these things are CRAP! Smiley Sad

0 Likes
harley13

I agree was told this was such a great phone for sending group text.. NOT....Nothing but problems some send but over half fail... Have goten no help from Verizon tec support after many many talks with them...Been with Verizon for a long time cant believe they are treating their customers like this...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want all those important messages to go through harley13! What specific error message are you receiving when you attempt to send group messages? What app are you using? How does it respond when you try sending individual messages? What were the results of your contacts with Data Support? Let's figure this out!

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
harley13

Thanks for the reply... I get a SYM message..Can send individual messages..

Useing the app verizone tech said use..Have contacted verizon tech's first they

said it was the phone so they sent me a new one.. It did the same thing.. Have

talked to more than one Verizon tech even sent them a list of all my contacts

and the message I send out.. They dont or have not helped at all..Have even

gotten a call from Matt one on the supervisors and said he thought he new what

the problem was but have tried to call him back about 10 times does not answer

my calls...I even talked to the motorola about the problem.. They said it was

the carrier but we have unlimited text and calling Plan.. Been with Verizon for

over 12yrs, can't believe they can't fix the problem or stand byhind their

phones or service...And treat their customers this way..Hope to get this

resolves or at least Verizon take this phone back and give me a phone that will

works... So would love for you to try and help...

0 Likes
greyblood

I'm glad to know I'm not the only Verizon customer having major problems with the DROID PRO.  I've had this piece for almost 2 years, my contract on it dies in January, and it's going away fast and far.  Verizon has replaced it 4 times, I think, maybe more.  It locks up, resets, sometimes 2 to 4 times a day, and has numerous other problems during calls and texting.  Tech Serv. says dial ### send and it will place a marker so they will know what they're looking for. So what they do is promptly send me another phone, one even had over 200 photos of pre-med classes in memory...a good as new phone?  Yeah right.  I spend more time at the local Verizon Store having this thing worked on than the damn janitors.

And don't even get me started on battery usage, 4 to 6 hours, I just started leaving it plugged in, when I drive.  At least the bluetooth works.

0 Likes