Droid Pro- gmail glitch
sallydepas

I have a droid pro that my gmail is linked to. It used to notify me of new messages and allow me to read them, search for certain messages etc. Now, it only shows I have new messages once I open the gmail, but will not allow me to open the messages or search for older messages. The only way to delete it is to restore to factory settings and I don't want to lose everything else. Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Pro- gmail glitch
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried logging into your Gmail account from a computer and verified the emails are still there? Perhaps they have been archived.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
sallydepas

Yes. I tried once I got home and it instantly pulled them up and showed the newest emails. Tonight, I used the browser to get to gmail instead of the gmail automatic link and it worked fine. However, I don't want to have to use the browser and login process each time to check email all day.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi sallydepas!

I want you to be able to use the email application instead of going to the broswer to check your emails. Did you get the GMail app from the Play Store, or was it already in your list of apps when you got the device? If a donloaded app, I would suggest uninstalling the GMail app, then reinstalling it, logging in again, and checking your folders. Please give this a try and let me know the results. Thanks!

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes