Re: Droid Razr M: KitKat update problems
weendoggy

What a crock! I went to Verizon yesterday to voice my concern. They said they never heard of this before. I took the clerk out to my Toyota and tried to BT it just like I did half a dozen times earlier. He couldn't do it either and said it was a Toyota issue. How can that be?? It worked just fine for the last three months and the older OS. Hhmmm, blowing smoke by Verizon?? I even told him it wasn't the Toyota because I was able to pair my wife's phone just fine.

I've tried all the refreshing, clearing cache and blah, blah, but it still won't work. What a waste. I'm not looking into trying to get it back to the older version but have to get all my Apps first.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

weendoggy.

Did you try unpairing your phone with the car's radio, then rebooting the phone, then repairing?

Many many people post-update, on a range of devices from various manufacturers have had to do as much. Including myself (LG G2 with a Sony BT radio, and also something called a Kinivo. Same for an A2DP BT receiver I use with a pair of amplified computer speakers.

HTH

0 Likes
FlyingToastr
Enthusiast - Level 1

As it turns out, the method of clearing the cache partition did solve the problems I was having with Bluetooth functionality!

0 Likes
weendoggy

Oh, do you have to do that...HELL YES I did, about four times. I even wiped out all data on the radio, tried to pair in safe mode, tried to pair in regular mode, renamed the item on the radio, enough is enough. When I first did it after I bought my truck, it took about 15secs to pair. Now, a minute later with the error message. Like I said, it worked just fine prior to the "update". Lesson learned here is, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". Verizon is really dropping the ball on this one. There are quite a few with issues and I only see it getting worse.

0 Likes
DAVID__
Enthusiast - Level 1

We also are having major problems: alot of text messages are not going through-- also when i text a dumb phone-they see perhaps a short piece of what i texted then a large box or they get small boxes only in the amount of characters i used to text? what the hell is up with that? We need a new update to fix your New KitKat update as it is a large piece of doodoo!! Verizon please fix soon as i am losing contact texts and messaging from family members..

0 Likes
LadyT33

I don't use a blue tooth but I have had all the other issues described here and other places with the KitKat update.

Battery life and the down grade of the status bar are my two main complaints. My phone also locks up frequently, reboots itself daily, sluggish response, etc.(and the list goes on) It worked great until the update.

I work in the IT industry and this is an update gone wrong. I must say I am surprised that Verizon, Motorola, and the droid community are willing to stand by and let this go. I know several people who are rooting their phones to take them back to Jelly Bean or are going to iPhones. Not a good reflection on android

0 Likes
franzuber
Enthusiast - Level 3

verizon customer support is a joke and so is the 4.4.2 update for the razr m. i have read hundreds of posts on this subject and NO ONE has a solution for the wifi and bluetooth issues, never mind the battery usage, etc.

i have even had my phone replaced by verizon and it still does not work correctly. i have 2 razr m phones. both do not work correctly. we pay for services not supply. i think it is time for a class action lawsuit here. anyone else agree?

Middg

My RazrM is constantly rebooting since this update, like 8-10 times a day.  Every morning, it is dead, even though it has 100% charge.  I have to power on 5 or 6 times for it to finally come on, when it does, it will be completely charged. I have several other complaints about the way things look and act, but that is all cosmetic and I could live with it if I have to. This rebooting issue is terrible!  I'm on-call for a hospital 24/7 and I NEED my phone to be reliable!!! 

0 Likes
RC20607
Enthusiast - Level 2

I definitely agree. So many issues and"upgrades" that were really downgrades. Customer support is no good because they just follow a script from a book. 

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphone

0 Likes
LadyT33

I agree about support. They are just front line staff doing what they are

told. It is mgmt and the developers that need/ hope are paying attention

and want to make this right.

0 Likes