Re: Droid Razr M: KitKat update problems
Patience_Gone
Contributor - Level 3

Class Action Law Suit?  Franzuber I never thought about it before, but I do believe you are right--maybe it is time for a class action law suit.   This Kit Kat update was not only insult but injury as well.  My phone was turn into a high priced tv remote control, bc that's all I could do after the update.  No outgoing calls, no wifi, no network signal,  no text msgs, no emails, problems with the camera.  Releasing Kit Kat knowing there were so many problems and drastic changes was wrong.  I say YES to Class Action Law Suit.  Perhaps it is something to seriously consider. Any lawyers in the house?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Franzuber,

We always want your device to work properly! I apologize that you're having issues with your bluetooth and Wifi since the update. What is the specific issue that your device is having? Send details, so that we may help.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
franzuber
Enthusiast - Level 3

it is the same problem as everyone else here. the wifi does not work with bluetotth. i have tried all the canned answers: reboot, reset, clear cache, chage settings, etc, etc, etc. i have 2 razr m phones. both do not work with wifi and blutooth. one has been replaced by verizon and still does not work. as i said the update and support is a joke.

i am considering just changing carriers. after all if your phone service does now work i can cancel my contract at no cost.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Middg,

We want your device to be stable! Does the device power cycle while in a particular application. When you go to settings>app> all of your applications updated? Place the device in safe mode for a few hours and tell me if you still experience the same issue http://vz.to/1r1ib8k .

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi RC20607,

We always want to help! Are you having issues with your phone? Send details, and we can troubleshoot.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
franzuber
Enthusiast - Level 3

yes i have done safe mode. it did not help. it is the update! when wifi and bluetooth are on wifi does not work. i have restarted and rebooted my phone a hundred times. always the same, bluetooth makes the wifi inoperable. it is a problem i i have had on 3 phones all with different apps all after the 4.4.2 update. as a matter of fact i factory reset back to jellybean and everything worked fine until the 4.4.2 update. so i guess it is the update. yah think? duh.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Patience_Gone,

Your phone should be more than a remote control! Can you please tell me the specific details for each issue that you are having. What happens when you place a call? Does the network signal disappear in a certain location? Are you able to send text messages? What issues are going on with the camera?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Franzuber,

Let's get this issue resolved! The Wi-fi connection may drop when using a Bluetooth Low Energy Device. When the Bluetooth connection is made and the Wi-fi drops, please follow the steps below:

Force a search for Bluetooth devices:

1. Touch

2. Touch Settings

3. Touch Bluetooth

4. Select ‘Search for Devices’

Note: the Wi-Fi issue may reappear after the next sync between your Bluetooth low energy device and your phone. To prevent this issue from occurring frequently, disable automatic background syncing on your Bluetooth low energy device application/web settings.

Or, you may force Wi-Fi connections to 5GHz networks:

1. Touch

2. Touch Settings

3. WiFi, select “Advanced Options”

4. Select “Wi-Fi frequency band”

5. Choose the “5 GHz only” option

Keep me posted with your results.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

Bocat

I cant stand my text messaging screen is there any help for this BS KITKAT?

0 Likes
franzuber
Enthusiast - Level 3

you have got to be kidding with that response. search for devices? ok. yeah that did nothing.  force a connection with 5ghz to a 2.5ghz network. lol classic.

the solution is simple. turn off bluetooth. useless phone!

0 Likes