Re: Droid Razr M (Xt907) - Wifi not responding even though connected
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for all your troubleshooting efforts nectarines15! Let's get another clue! Are you able to connect to other WiFi networks (Office, cafe shops, fast food restaurants, library, etc.)?

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
nectarines15
Enthusiast - Level 2

No I haven't been able to connect to any networks. Tried about 4 locations so far. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for testing nectarines15! Definitely looks like a device issue. Your phone includes a one year manufacturers' warranty and we can replace it for you if within manufacturer's warranty and no physical/water damage exist. Only requirement is to do a factory reset as this will resolve any system issues in case a system file got corrupted. Please follow steps at this link http://vz.to/159Lipc and test. **Uncheck at step 3 - Very important**.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

unless i missed it, do other devices connect to wi-fi??

is router "auto" selecting which channel it's using??

try a manual change to ch11.

are you hiding ssid??

i have a different belkin router with latest updates & can't hide my ssid broadcast.

0 Likes
nectarines15
Enthusiast - Level 2

other devices do connect, yes.

Nevertheless, I tried what you suggested. Switching to channel 11 from Auto, and then rebooted my phone and tried connecting to the router again. No luck Smiley Sad

SSID is not hiding, either.

I may try the factory reset soon here, although it is sad because I have so large WAV files that are important to me that I can't transfer without going over my data plan. *tear*

seriously, kinda sucks.

Thanks for your response

0 Likes
nectarines15
Enthusiast - Level 2

The warranty is up, its been a few months past Smiley Sad

Factory reset may be the only way, yes. Hard to say whether that will fix the issue, because it could be a problem with the hardware, but I agree its worth trying. Before I do that though, considering my warranty is void and I have many important WAV files (some up to 600MB) that I need to transfer for work related purposes, and personal project purposes, is there anything else you might recommend attempting?

Sadly the app I am using to record (Cogi) only allows for cloud transfer of the files, which I have talked to the company about in hopes they'd change it to move files to an SD card for example, but it doesn't seem that feature is going to be added anytime soon, if ever. Using my data plan to achieve the transfers, which is almost completely used up because of this WiFi problem, would cost quite a lot of money on my next bill so I'm trying to keep that from happening if I can.

Thanks for responding AntonioC

0 Likes
nectarines15
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tried the factory reset today, while paying attention to uncheck @ step 3 like in your instructions AntonioC_VZW, and upon the phone coming back on I was still unable to connect to our WiFi network. The warranty is up on the phone, and I am not due to renew the contract until early next summer. Are there any other options for maybe fixing the WiFi on this phone that anyone has in mind? I'd hate to have to shell out another $150 + for another phone..

0 Likes
nectarines15
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok I tried an External Hard Reset listed here ( - https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/88933/p/30,6720,8577  ) - and it seems to have fixed the issue. Normal Factory Reset not going to do the trick, while Hard/External Reset is the key. I'll update for anyone else reading this thread, if this miracle somehow quickly stops working but so far so good!!

Thank god..

0 Likes
nectarines15
Enthusiast - Level 2

Worked for about 45 minutes.. and then booooshh... same issue as before. Saved, secured, and totally not connected at all. This is driving me nuts

0 Likes