Re: Droid Turbo Charging Issues
spardude

well then I called Verizon support, they mentioned that Turbo would only happen if the phone was at 50% or less.

In any case I left the phone on all night to reduce the charge to 34%.

I then  plugged the phone in again. No Turbo Charge. New Charger and dedicated outlet at home.

5 hours and 15 minutes later the phone had reached 94%.

no scallops or little slashes through the circle. What would you recommend next?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does the phone under the battery usage setting say it is being charged by AC or USB?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
spardude

the phone is at 99%, however when I plug it in, under settings.. battery.. is states Charging over USB.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That would explain why it is charging slower.  It might also mean the charging port on the phone is picky about how something is plugged into it and could be a hardware problem.  It could also mean the charging cable is damaged instead.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
spardude

maybe. I have two chargers, both Turbo Power 25. Slow charging is the same for each. So unlikely a charger or cable  problem especially since one of the chargers is BRAND new and given to me by the Verizon store just this week.

My guess would be a hardware problem, probably the PORT on the phone.

ed

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We wil lgive you back the power to quickly power your phone! Please test the device in Safe Mode to see if performance changes: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-118294/
YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Glory88
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nothing changes in safe mode, exec even plugged in the phone draws more power then it receives and the battery slowly drains

jonasnoble
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anybody get any traction on this? We just had a similar issue with the Marshmallow 6.0 update. We got a new phone tonight, pre-update, and the turbo charge feature is working. I've also seen other threads where users got a new phone, took the OTA, and the same problem came back.

Any answers?

Jonas

0 Likes
ROBSCA20
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue with the Turbo charging no longer working on my Droid Turbo 2 phone. It started after the following updates were applied to my phone on July 2nd, 2016:

SU1A:     23.31.24.kinzie_verizon.verizon.en.US

SU1.75B: 24.14.16.kinzie_verizon.verizon.en.US

Benefits of these updates: Fixes device charging issues.

Unfortunately, these updates caused my charging issues. Turbo charge no longer woks and it takes 18 hours to charge from 10% to 100%.

Can these updates be removed from my phone?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No you can't revert to the previous version of the OS.

0 Likes