Droid Turbo2 battery
Lizzie73
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have just started using my droid turbo  2. have had it on for 3 hours and battery life has gone from 100% to 63% already have not been making calls or texting just basically playing with the phone to see what it has on it yes the screen is on but why has battery life decrease so rapidly is this normal? I realized many things affect battery life however this seems ridiculous since I really have not done anything with the phone bike games or downloading anything I just got rid of my HTC One because I was not happy with the battery life is this for real?

Labels (1)
Re: Droid Turbo2 battery
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lizzie73 I just received my turbo 2 and I love it. Let’s see how we can help you enjoy your phone also. We can walk you through checking some important settings. What is your brightness level set to? Go to Settings and Display. Also, check the sleep setting and adjust as necessary. Then go to Battery under settings and tell us what you’re showing as using the most battery. Lastly, look in the Apps section and see how many applications you have running in the background. Stop or Close any applications you are not using.
SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I've had my Droid Turbo 2 for a couple of weeks now and I have noticed my battery life is getting better. I think once I got all my settings like I want and the phone settled in, so to speak, things are better. A typical day for me, I leave for work charged 100%. I work 12 hours as a nurse and connect to our hospital WiFi. I spend a little time on Facebook, surf the web, and maybe listen to a few songs. After being off the charger for 14 hours, my device will be down to about 65%. To me, that's pretty good. I say give yours a little time and it should get better. Hope this helps.

Doc

B33
Legend

Hey Doc is the Turbo 2 Designed about the same as the Original Turbo or is it a little or more Better Just was wondering Thanks and Have a Great Holiday Season. B33

StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

To me, it is faster and better. The outside is totally different, similar to the Moto X Pure Edition. I really love mine.

B33
Legend

Cool. Thanks for replying Doc & glad to here from ya b

Lizzie73
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I do have the brightness settings and sleep settings adjusted appropriately i.e.. they take up as little battery life as possible. I went and turned off a bunch of applications which apparently started all by themselves when the phone was turned on. I also noticed that every single screen is "remembered" (by touching the "square" at the bottom of the phone). Is there a way to automatically clear that memory every so often or do you have to manually close each screen? I would imagine having too many applications, sites,etc.open at once can also drain the battery.

Lizzie73
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your reply, StreetDocRN,

Your comment is exactly what I was looking for. Ironically, I am also an RN who works 12 hour shifts; thus, my "typical day" would be very similar to yours Smiley Happy Do you know of a way to periodically "erase" the phone's memory of every single page you have been to? I am thinking that having "every single page, site, etc." open all of the time will also wear on the life of the battery.Also, do you have to wait for the battery life to get down to say less than 5% before charging? Or, is it OK to charge at any time without wearing on the life of the battery?

Thanks again for commenting. I really like this phone, but I was totally bewildered by how fast the battery decreased while doing virtually "nothing".

Lizzie73

StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I found that simply closing apps after I use them, keeps them from staying open and building up in number. When you want to close one, hit the right side little square button and with your finger, swipe it to the right, making it disappear or close. If you have a bunch open, simply powering off your phone and turning it back on should clear them.

Good luck with your phone. Let me know if I can ever help. We nurses have each other's backs!

Doc

StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

I forgot to answer your second question...sorry. I plug mine up to recharge any time I think it needs it. The lowest mine ever got was about 20%. I don't think it will have any adverse effect on your battery.

Back long ago, when batteries were made from different materials, it would affect the memory cells of the battery and shorten its lifespan by not draining it, but not so much today.

Doc