Droid X > Incredible
SneakeSnake

For those of you out there still trying to decide which phone to go with, it is becoming more and more apparent that the Droid X is a hands down winner.  I offer the following articles as proof.

Screen Replacement

No MotoBlue

Benchmark Video on YouTube

For this video, you can assume that the Incredible will have very similar, if not identical, results as the EVO.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid X > Incredible
Michuru

Haha that's a good joke.

When your Motorola phone falls apart in a few months... you might have wanted the Incredible instead...

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

As far as durabillity, the Droid is a tank and I wouldn't expect the Droid X to be any different.  I'd be a lot more worried about an Incredible breaking than the Droid I'm using.  Not to mention the following, :smileywink:

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

care to fill us in on what the really cool lookin graph above represents? looks nice....lots of bars and numbers.....and COMPLETELY useless?

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

The app is Quadrant Benchmark and performs a series of tests for the cpu and graphics.  Basically a test to see how your phone performs under various conditions.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

ahhh...i actually almost downloaded it the other day (i look for very high rated apps only), but had no idea what any of it meant so i passed. the top for all run 2.2. does that have anything to do with the fact that they score higher? i have the incredible. i don't know much about phones....but i know this thing is blazing fast, takes amazing pics/video, and has a big enough screen while still not being a bulky phone. obviously phones will get better over time....but when you want faster and faster processors and bigger and bigger screens, then don't you just want an ipad at some point??? i'm just not sold on a screen that is a half inch larger if it makes the phone larger. i would love a front facing cam though!!!

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Yeah, Froyo (Android 2.2) has a lot of speed enhancements and the score for the Incredible should jump up to where the Nexus One 2.2 is as it has similar hardware.  And note that the Shadow score is with only 2.1 so it looks like motorola made some serious enhancements under the hood.  Either that or the TI Omap processors are a lot better than the Snapdragons in the N1, Incredible, etc.

0 Likes
Trisith

I would hope the Droid X would be equal and should be superior (due to the time advantage -- Not to mention, learn from their first Droid). It might help those that want the Incredible for what it is, get it sooner so those that just "want the best" will do the jump to the X.

As for the links.  http://www.androidcentral.com/droid-x-does-not-have-motoblur That was an interesting read -- In fact..it seemed to have annoyed a lot of readers.. I hope it is exactly what is claimed because it wouldn't be fair, you know? It's just like the rumored screen switching with the HTC. I hope those that recently received the Inc or are in the near future.. compare to the ones in store or with another person that has had it since launch or a little after so they can make sure they got the real deal or cannot tell the difference between the two..technologically/appearently.

Hopefully everyone gets what they want.

0 Likes
shipwrestler125
Enthusiast - Level 3

AZSALUKI wrote:

ahhh...i actually almost downloaded it the other day (i look for very high rated apps only), but had no idea what any of it meant so i passed. the top for all run 2.2. does that have anything to do with the fact that they score higher? i have the incredible. i don't know much about phones....but i know this thing is blazing fast, takes amazing pics/video, and has a big enough screen while still not being a bulky phone. obviously phones will get better over time....but when you want faster and faster processors and bigger and bigger screens, then don't you just want an ipad at some point??? i'm just not sold on a screen that is a half inch larger if it makes the phone larger. i would love a front facing cam though!!!

The shadow(moto x) isnt running 2.2 it is still 2.1 in the graph.

0 Likes
shipwrestler125
Enthusiast - Level 3

AZSALUKI wrote:

care to fill us in on what the really cool lookin graph above represents? looks nice....lots of bars and numbers.....and COMPLETELY useless?

It shows speed and how well the phone runs. So pretty much once 2.2 hits the X it will blow the other phones away.

0 Likes