Droid and Bluetooth
rowansl

When I want to answer my phone call using my Droid and am wearing my bluetooth, I have to "unlock" my Droid first?  Seems to take the hands-free aspect away from the bluetooth.  Anyone know a setting I can use or something I am missing?

Thanks!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid and Bluetooth
kappadoc1

your phone still should receive calls when in sleep mode....recieve the call then push bluetooth button on touchscreen

0 Likes
nick47bw

I thought moto droid did not do hands free/ voice activated in current version??

In my case if I press bluetooth ear piece call button, assuming both are in bluetooth mode, it answers the call.

Anyone know if next version of Android will add hands free/ voice activated?

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

It does not. 

0 Likes
MrHost
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the Droid Eris and when a call comes in, I just press my button the Bluetooth and I am talking away.  Also, if you have already connected the bluetooth then you can swipe that screen down and the call answers and the bluetooth should have the call.  One swipe or press and you are talking.

The button on my BT headset only calls the last dialed call.  It acts as a redial at this time.

0 Likes
Re: Eris, Droid and Bluetooth
oolie75

I've heard that the bluetooth cuts off phone calls/drops them/hangs up and is not very reliable/compatible with the Eris and the Droid... Can anyone tell me their experience with this... Since we just went hands free in our state and it is now illegal to talk while driving, this is important to me as that is when I am able to do most of my phone calls... I don't want to get this phone if it isn't reliable to use... Also how is the background noise? With my Blackberry when I tried to use the Bluetooth there was so much background noise that I ditched it... Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

0 Likes
Re: Eris, Droid and Bluetooth - BLUETOOTH WORKS PERFECTLY ON DROID and EXCELS IN A CAR WITH MS SYNC
Normw2009

I have a Motorola DROID, having replaced my BB Tour a couple of months ago.  I also have a car with Microsoft SYNC (bluetooth connectivity among other features).  When I had the BB Tour, the voice quality was poor and the background noise excessive.  Once I got the DROID, I can use the bluetooth feature and nearly always, the person I am talking to has no idea I am using it - upon asking them, they say the voice quality is excellent, there is literally no road noise, and they can't believe I am not using the handset directly.

There was another string regarding receiving calls using bluetooth and an issue with the DROID screen-lock.  If someone is having that problem, it is something besides the phone.  Using my car's bluetooth feature as well as alternatively using a Bluetooth headset, I answer calls with the phone in my pocket in its case without touching the phone at all.

In addition for those who also have Ford/Lincoln/Mercury cars with SYNC, the DROID streams stereo music perfectly.  When I get in my car and start it up, the music streams automatically; then if I get a call or want to make a call, I only have to use the steering wheel control button to answer or to speak who I want to call, and it automatically pauses the music and handles the call.  It is painless to use and was very easy to setup.  And I never have to touch my phone at all.

In the past, I have had two models of iPhone, a BB Bold, then a Verizon Omnia, BB Tour, and now the DROID.  In past years, I have used most every kind and brand of cell-phone on the market as I was previously in that industry, from the very first cell-phone implementations in the late 1970's.  The DROID is by far the best, most reliable, and most feature-filled phone I have ever owned.  For me - and I realize there are others who do not agree - the DROID is my iPhone killer (however, that is primarily because ATT's service is terrible - the iPhone itself is fine).

My 10 year old son has an ERIS and its functionality and reliability is excellent although I have not used it to test the specifics of the Bluetooth.

0 Likes
Re: Eris, Droid and Bluetooth - BLUETOOTH WORKS PERFECTLY ON DROID and EXCELS IN A CAR WITH MS SYNC
sue91156

Great! You got it to work! What settings did you use so I can set my phone up to work without touching my phone to answer it when I have the Bluetooth on?

0 Likes
cornjo

I have the Eris and it  seems as though my bluetooth capabilities have diminished. With the head-set paired I can push the button to activated voice commands and I have nothing. The bluetooth only works for receiving and redialiing my last call ? Is any one else having this problem?

0 Likes
NotTheDude

Confession: I'm dumb {edit}. My job assigns me a cell phone - fairly low-end, plus a BT headset. I followed the instructions, and presto! I'm making voice-activated commands without a 2nd thought.

So I switched my personal plan from AT&T to Verizon because I get a 15% discount and I was interested in having an Android phone. I bought the Droid Eris. A few wks later, I thought, what the heck (WTH), I'll get a BT headset. It's a no brainer, considering all the legislation going on.

So, **bleep**, it doesn't support voice-activated commands! I went from "WTH" to "**bleep**". I thought Voice activation was part-and-parcel to BT!

Now, I'm kicking myself for not looking into it. I even went to a Verizon store and asked about it (I didn't have my cell phone with me, so I couldn't show them); I described the problem to the store people, and they said that it does work. AND, for this reason, I'm even thinking about ponying up the money to drop Verizon and go back to AT&T. Ugh!

So, now, is there any chance the upgrading of the OS will give me that feature? If not, is there downloadable software to resolve this?

Thanks for any thoughts?

{word filter avoidance}

0 Likes