Droid "Home"
benf101

Seemingly out of the blue, I had a home replacement installed.  It is called "Home".  Everything was normal one day, then I pressed the home button and I had to choose which program I wanted to complete the action, HTC Touch, or Home.  Where did this app come from?

To the best of my knowledge, this happened closely after installing Handscent Messaging.  Do they quietly bundle apps without telling you, or was this just a coincidence?

Also, Home is un-uninstallable.  In the list of installed apps, it shows up with no option to uninstall.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid "Home"
johnM356
Contributor - Level 1

benf101 wrote:

Seemingly out of the blue, I had a home replacement installed.  It is called "Home".  Everything was normal one day, then I pressed the home button and I had to choose which program I wanted to complete the action, HTC Touch, or Home.  Where did this app come from?

To the best of my knowledge, this happened closely after installing Handscent Messaging.  Do they quietly bundle apps without telling you, or was this just a coincidence?

Also, Home is un-uninstallable.  In the list of installed apps, it shows up with no option to uninstall.

"Home" is the Droid default home app.  Apparently HTC Touch is an alternative added by your carrier or handset manufacturer.

If you saw the screen asking which one you wanted, chances are the "default" home app was cleared somehow.

You can clear your default Home app by going into Manage Applications and clicking on whatever was the default and selecting "Clear Defaults" - After that you'll see the screen asking which to use, that is until you decide on one and choose "Use by default for this action"

Personally I prefer ADW Launcher...  I used to use LauncherPro but it took a toll on my battery.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Droid "Home"
johnM356
Contributor - Level 1

benf101 wrote:

"Home" is the Droid default home app.  Apparently HTC Touch is an alternative added by your carrier or handset manufacturer.

If you saw the screen asking which one you wanted, chances are the "default" home app was cleared somehow.

You can clear your default Home app by going into Manage Applications and clicking on whatever was the default and selecting "Clear Defaults" - After that you'll see the screen asking which to use, that is until you decide on one and choose "Use by default for this action"

Personally I prefer ADW Launcher...  I used to use LauncherPro but it took a toll on my battery.

0 Likes