Droid watching Video help
rymrk27

anyone know the correct format you need to have videos in to watch them on the Droid.  also any good apps that you can download to watch MPG, AVI, etc.  these are all videos I watch on my computer at home with Windows Media Player, Quick time, and Real player.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid watching Video help
regulat0r

No, sorry. If you had windows mobile, I'd recommend core player, but no.

0 Likes
meister
Enthusiast - Level 3

mpeg4 or mp4, or 3gp.

Just use a converter. Use something like this to back up your dvd's and/or up them on your droid, I use it. Free only today!

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/

0 Likes
savagetone

to answer your question your best bet is wmv or mpeg4  i recently discoverd by trial an error that you can load your device once you mount it to pour pc and use windows media player to import your photos that you want also your music and so on . hope this helps you out. you can also get useful info here http://androidforums.com/

0 Likes
savagetone

here this works Even so, a video that's 480 tall will be as large as possible for the Droid screen. If you're trying to force every video to be full screen, you might be distorting the picture. Or it's possible that when forcing full screen you're chopping off part of the picture vertically, to force it to fit in 848-854 pixels..which isn't optimal either. Only in the extreme cases would the video be wider than 480px would allow and you would instead choose to fill the horizontal. These are the proper dimensions for various source files:

DVD 4:3(they're easy)
720x480=720x480

TV at 720p or 1080i/p
1280x720=853x480
1920x1080=853x480

Film Aspect Ratios
16:9=853x480
1.85:1=853x461
2.35:1=853x363

0 Likes
Count400

If a video is emailed to you, could you watch it? Or does it have to be converted?

0 Likes
keyboardman

.3GP is the main Droid video format. Here i will share u Daniusoft free video to 3GP Converter which can help u convert various video to Droid easily... In addition, if you wanna play MPEG, AVI files on ur computer, you can upgrade the Daniusoft free video to 3gp converter and it will convert the MPEG/AVI files to WMV/MOV files, so you can play them on ur Windows media player or Quick time... 

Be Careful.  While our members are generally helpful and eager to provide useful information, be advised that Verizon has no obligation to monitor these linked sites, and is not responsible for them. Accessing any such linked sites is done entirely at the user's own risk.

Thank you

0 Likes
mrmaxmonkey

I stumbled an article about watching video on droid "

Watch DVD and video on your new Motorola mobile phone: CLIQ, Droid

"

Check it and you will find ur answer... Hope this helps

0 Likes
Blueriver

savagetone wrote:

here this works Even so, a video that's 480 tall will be as large as possible for the Droid screen. If you're trying to force every video to be full screen, you might be distorting the picture. Or it's possible that when forcing full screen you're chopping off part of the picture vertically, to force it to fit in 848-854 pixels..which isn't optimal either. Only in the extreme cases would the video be wider than 480px would allow and you would instead choose to fill the horizontal. These are the proper dimensions for various source files:

DVD 4:3(they're easy)
720x480=720x480

TV at 720p or 1080i/p
1280x720=853x480
1920x1080=853x480

Film Aspect Ratios
16:9=853x480
1.85:1=853x461
2.35:1=853x363

Actually, 4:3 DVD should be 640x480, not 720x480 (which is 3:2).

720x480 is DVD's internal resolution, and no DVD player plays that in 3:2 ratio, unless you play vob file alone.

This is rather common mistake people make.

For 16:9, the actual value would be 853x480, if you round the number, but since the computer doesn't like the odd number, 854x480 is usually used (i.e. Youtube HD mode)

But almost all available encoders make 16:9 video to 848x480 in order to make it times of 16.

0 Likes
Blueriver

rymrk27 wrote:

anyone know the correct format you need to have videos in to watch them on the Droid.  also any good apps that you can download to watch MPG, AVI, etc.  these are all videos I watch on my computer at home with Windows Media Player, Quick time, and Real player.

Thanks.

I recommend using a freee encoder called "HandBrake"

There are not too many things you have to worry about.

Just load the video you want to encode, make the resolution to 848x480 in the Picture tab (This program won't let you make 854x480).

Then in Video tab, select MPEG-4 (FFmpeg) in Video Codec, Framerate same as source, then set the quality.

There are number of ways to set the quality, but the easiest way is selecting Ave. Bitrate and put a number like 2000 then press Start.  Ah, don't forget to set the file extension to .mp4, rather than m4v.

Now, load that video into your Droid, and you are ready to rock.

Here's the sample video for you.

http://www.divinebuster.com/android_video/Valkyria_OP2.mp4

Animation openings are always my choice for testing videos.

HandBrake also can also rip the video.  Just decrypt the DVD files into your computer and select that folder.  Rest are the smae.

0 Likes