Droid while on call? Alarm on Droid?
cem95z
Contributor - Level 1

1) On almost all of my calls that I have had, midway thru the conversation, the other person starts saying... hello, are you there? I can hear them, but they cannot hear me. I don't think that I am hitting any buttons. I look at the phone, and there is not an option to unmute the call, so I don't think I hit the mute button. Has anyone else had this problem?

2) In addition, I have been setting the alarm for in the morning without problems. This morning, It went off on time, but when I went to turn it off, it would not turn off. I was trying to find a way to turn it off, and it wouldn't. I finally had to power off the phone. I don't know what I could have hit to make it decide to do this, but it was extremely frustrating. Is there anything I can do about this?

I am really enjoying my droid overall, but there are a few things that are not going right... The call issue is a big one for me, but I have only used 34 min since getting my droid... so not a whole lot of experience with using the phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid while on call? Alarm on Droid?
susandroid

Did you ever find a solution for the muting problem?  I am having the same issue with my new Motorola Droid.  On EVERY call it mutes.

0 Likes
colfrmb

I haven't even TRIED to use the alarm yet.  But maybe I will...on Monday.

I thought I was seeing things in the beginning...   I too have experienced the muting with lack of a mute button.  I had it happen a number of times on the phone that I returned back in November.  I thought maybe it was a bug in the code and that maybe they would get it fixed by the time I got another Droid in January.  But I have seen this same thing happen to me on my 2nd phone.  I have no clue why there is no mute button unless the phone thinks I am trying to make a second call while I am on the first call for possible a 3-way call? But if this is what I'm doing, I don't know how to switch back to the first call. 

I don't know what is happening either.  SOMEBODY HELP!

0 Likes
mgrunk

Same thing is happening to me - I'm in a call, I go mute but can hear them. I take the phone away from my ear and their call ends. It happens w/ every call and I'm going to have to take it back. I can't make calls on it. Somewhere else asked if the person was left handed - I am - could it be the sensor is on the wrong side for left handed people?

0 Likes
ksxox10
Contributor - Level 2
I am right handed and it also happens to me. I am on my 3rd Droid. Same problem.
0 Likes
caramel

Same here.....also right-handed. I thought I was seriously doing something wrong in the beginning. I thought maybe try not holding it close to my face? This has "appeared" to have worked but I have to have the volume at full and anyone next to me is also likely to hear my conversation:smileysad:

0 Likes
cobrien

thought it was just me.  I just crossed my 30 days to return but this is way too annoying and since I use for work, totally unprofessional. 

0 Likes
colfrmb

I installed the application called Screen Suite and I haven't muted or dropped a call in FIVE DAYS (that's a record for me).  I do have to swipe twice to unlock but I am having much better calling now!  Android should add a setting a call setting that is like a hard lock for the call app.  It can be done. 

0 Likes