Droid worst freaking phone invented. Vzw LIES TO US
alphawolfexc

Well I'm at the point where I'm actually considering going back to my original env... That is how horrible the original droid is. I've had numerous upon numerous technical issues with it along with many physical device issues. The software itself is defective (2.2) on the droid. So to make this to the point, no matter how many of those "certified previously owned replacements" I have sent to me, the SAME EXACT issues (if not more than the last) occur over and over again. Being That this happens, Verizon, it doesn't make sense That all these technical support workers just keep playing the "Did you try taking your battery out?... Did you try refreshing your network by dialing *228?... Did you try resetting to factory defaults? Did you... Did you... Did you...? YES VERIZON! I KNOW THE ROUTINE! Making it even more clearly obvious That sending me droid after droid replacements of the same model isn't resolving the conflict! Making matters even more ridiculous, I found 2 legitimate websites with clearly obvious Verizon approved content stating That "Any customer with a contract ending before December 31, 2010, is eligible to receive a Droid X upgrade at no cost due to the technical occurrences of a Droid." Still, Verizon representatives continue to give me hell about "Oh if it is not on my computer, I cannot do anything about That." Well guess what, it's time to "send a signal" to your customers about how ignorant and against the policy you really are. I associate and communicated with over 30 people Like me That have the original droid but instead they received the droid X replacement instead of the old, used, "were going to send you the replacement you had 2 replacements ago" droid. Best of all, Like the contract/policy says, they got the upgrade FREE not a 50$ replacement or 2 year contract price but FREE. If I ever meet a Verizon representative That would actually consider trying to satisfy their customer (me) I'd happily without a doubt stay with Verizon even after my contract is up. I just cannot believe how I keep hearing the same crap from every Verizon rep. I talk to. Even a representative on the website I found with the contract agrees That no it isn't right That this is going on and he would gladly help but of course, I'd have to travel to 49 other states to possibly get a rep. Like him being That they actually listen to the customer. Pennsylvania... Why does Verizon hate on the 717? Oh wait, just me because my co-workers father uses Verizon as his business company's wireless network so he of course got his upgraded for free. Simply because his father uses Verizon wireless as the company provider, so it would be so horrible to not satisfy him since That would cause Verizon to lose maybe a few hundred bucks if the daddy switches? It is total bull crap if you haven't gotten what my message is. Honestly Verizon, would it kill you economically, morally, socially, or politically to KEEP TO YOUR OWN FREAKING CONTRACTS/POLICIES/ETC!? Especially the one about ensuring a customers satisfaction, lies. Alright well if anyone decides they feel the same and or can somehow help me find a human representative to finally solve my problems after all... Don't hesitate to reply to this or email me...{edited for privacy}

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid worst freaking phone invented. Vzw LIES TO US
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I am sorry you had such a difficult time with the Motorola Droid. However you will find on this forum that there other people who would disagree with you as to which Android based phone is the worst.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
WOAH that was long, I honestly didnt read the whole post, i kinda got bored after the third line. I understand you are upset because the droid does not work. it works fine for most of us, now these phones are not for everyone. I would suggest swapping it out for a different phone if you are not happy. Alot of people will pay top dollar for your droid if you sell it online.
0 Likes
arichard21

Okay, a few questions for the origional poster:

1) what was the problem you were having with the Droid? Maybe someone on the forum can help you.

2) What did they lie about?

0 Likes
budone
Legend

arichard21 wrote:

Okay, a few questions for the origional poster:

1) what was the problem you were having with the Droid? Maybe someone on the forum can help you.

2) What did they lie about?

And WHAT website states you can get a Droid X as a free replacment?

0 Likes
alphawolfexc

Mine is not an Eris... it's just the moto droid. 

0 Likes
alphawolfexc

Well being a 16 year old that doesn't really even do much other than texts, rarely calls, and only uses facebook/mobile web and music, I'm pretty sure this phone should work... it's not that it doesn't have features that I want it just doesn't work... I'm sure there are people out there that would rather pay top dollar on a phone that doesn't freeze, doesn't randomly shut off, and a bunch of other problems... I would sell it but most people are smart enough to just not buy the first droid since there are 2 better versions out. But thanks for the advice anyway.

0 Likes
alphawolfexc

1) everything....... the home screen freezing, call screen locking up, sporadically shutting off, applications (basic preloaded) having errors and foreclosing every time I open them, speaker not working, not receiving text messages when having full service, sync isn't saving my contacts to my gmail when i clearly hit sync contacts, mail and calender.... I could go on and on...

2) The "policy" garbage, the fact they want to make their customers happy when appropriate, and store especially when they try to say it's the network causing the call problems when it's not because it's the phone itself that freezes on the screen without the call getting through... it wont even get to the call so that part clearly isn't a network associated issue and if it is, they should fix that.

0 Likes
alphawolfexc

I responded a lot to the 1 & 2 so ill summarize it... 

1) everything

2) the "network" causing the call to freeze when it was clearly the device that is frozen considering the screen just freezes and the call doesn't even get through. and wanting to satisfy their customers... ha lies because I tried as long as i could to be patient and compromise with them but when I keep getting the same phone and the same problems happen over and over with every droid.... it's clear that they owe me a device OTHER THAN THE DROID MODEL I HAVE that works 

and go to google, type it in, and its there and heres two

http://www.dailytech.com/Droid+X+Available+to+Purchase+Today+Verizon+Offers+Discount+on+32GB+microSD...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

alphawolfexc wrote:

and go to google, type it in, and its there and heres two

http://www.dailytech.com/Droid+X+Available+to+Purchase+Today+Verizon+Offers+Discount+on+32GB+microSD...

Bad Link

alphawolfexc wrote:

Mine is not an Eris... it's just the moto droid. 

Really?  Did you actually read my post or did you just see my signature line.  I like my phone.  All I was saying was others would disagree with you. Some would say an Eris, others Devour, some the Ally and more would pick another phone.

alphawolfexc wrote:

Well being a 16 year old that...

Ah, that explains it.  I pay my cell phone bill. Do you?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes