Re: Dual-SIM Android / Verizon
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Pixel 2 and Pixel 3 models have a nano SIM card and eSIM capabilities. They work in a passive mode if I understand the article below correctly. You could consider moving one of your lines to Project Fi if Verizon Wireless can't support both SIM cards active on their network. 

https://www.androidauthority.com/esim-914052/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Matthewg89

The new pixel 4 has an esim, when will Verizon support pixel 4 esim?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It’s always our goal to answer all your questions.  We don’t currently have an exact date as to when this be available for that phone.  However, you can stay up to date by using the link bellows:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/smartphones/google-pixel-4/

https://support.google.com/pixelphone/?hl=en#topic=7078250 (You can reach out to Google for further assistance if you would like)

Is this information still helpful?  Did you have other questions that we can assist you with?

SeanC_VZW

0 Likes
VerizonTech423
Enthusiast - Level 1

As of 02/03/2020 I went through all kinds of hoops to set this up. Verizon would prefer that you pay someone else for the second line or get an iPhone. A very successful solution for the Pixel 4.

Buy unlocked not Verizon model
Use physical sim for Verizon with a good unlimited data plan
Use Google Fi  on the E-Sim for 20/month (+$10/gig data cap of $70)
Turn the mobile data off on the Google Fi eSim and only use the Verizon unlimited data. 

You lose wifi calling from Verizon with an unlocked phone but you get it with Google Fi. 

Though Verizon has eSim networks and their are non eSim Iphones. There is satisfactions in selling you 2 phones and Verizon would like to be difficult about you trying to convenience your work/home life  with only having to carry 1 phone. 

jbonne
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been struggling with dual phones for a year. I moved to Project Fi in 2018 then last year I was asked to give the company my number or take one of theirs (previously was compensated for phone use personal number as work number). 

I had a Verizon rep push me hard into going with an iPhone, and after a long conversation I was told the Note 9 would support dual SIMs on Verizon. What they didn't tell me was the Verizon version of the phone doesn't support that.

So hopefully in the next 12 months when I am eligible for a new work phone Verizon will have more options than iPhone. 

mama23dogs
Legend

@jbonne wrote:

I've been struggling with dual phones for a year. I moved to Project Fi in 2018 then last year I was asked to give the company my number or take one of theirs (previously was compensated for phone use personal number as work number). 

I had a Verizon rep push me hard into going with an iPhone, and after a long conversation I was told the Note 9 would support dual SIMs on Verizon. What they didn't tell me was the Verizon version of the phone doesn't support that.

So hopefully in the next 12 months when I am eligible for a new work phone Verizon will have more options than iPhone. 

You know you can look this stuff up right? 🙄.     Verizon sales pages have all the specs, and only iPhones support dual Verizon SIM cards.  
They still won’t support the esim on Pixel.

Now you can buy dual physical sim phones that are Verizon compatible.   Like Oneplus 6t.