Duplicate Outlook Notes After Synch
TheSmallBizMD
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have an LG3 phone. I synch my Outlook contacts using a third party software, Synch 2. I am getting duplicate notes for my contacts (from the notes section in Outlook). These appear only on the phone. They do not appear on the contacts in my Google account. How can I prevent this and how can I clean up the duplicates? Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Duplicate Outlook Notes After Synch
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

It sounds like you may have the Synch 2 app set to sync both ways.  You can set it up to sync only Outlook to Google as well as do not sync duplicates.  I will go back through the settings and see if I can create some sort of instructions for you on it.

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

Sounds like the app is trying to sync the phone and Outlook.  Should be a setting within the app to display only certain sources.  You could try to only sync Outlook and no other source.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

There is a lot of configuration in that app. You can configure to not sync duplicates (or to not create a duplicate when you sync) and one way sync etc... When the app worked it worked well but I had to stop using it because about 2 months ago an update hosed it and it works erratically with a lot of issues

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Are you speaking about Synch 2 or Outlook?

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Sync 2

0 Likes
TheSmallBizMD
Enthusiast - Level 1

First of all I appreciate that both of you have stepped up. I am  a complete flop when it comes to things technical however. I suppose I can accept the synch issue itself but it is there some way to remove the duplicate info from my phone?

Thanks,

Ed...

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Have you tried to just use the Outlook App from the Play Store instead of another app that syncs?  Were you using Sync 2 to sync into the phones native email app?

0 Likes
TheSmallBizMD
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am trying to synch my Outlook calendar, tasks and contacts to my phone. I'm actually not synching my e-mail. I have not tried the Outlook App.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

It sounds like you may have the Synch 2 app set to sync both ways.  You can set it up to sync only Outlook to Google as well as do not sync duplicates.  I will go back through the settings and see if I can create some sort of instructions for you on it.

TheSmallBizMD
Enthusiast - Level 1

Oh man that is so cool. I really appreciate your help here.

Best,

Ed...

0 Likes