E-Mail problem (connection error)
CDTom73

Just received my new Droid and have setup my gmail account and my hotmail account.  I get e-mails from my hotmail account but not all now I get a connection error and will not download any more e-mails.  Hopefully someone can give me an answer.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: E-Mail problem (connection error)
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

I'm on a different network and do get connection error too. have you tried to clear the cache or data from the email app?

0 Likes
TechHater

I have run into the same thing with the Moto Droid...I now can no longer access my Yahoo mail through the e-mail app....I have to go through the browser to do it. It gives me "connection Error" or "Invalid username or password"  when trying to go through th e-mail app and the info I am entering is correct, so no matter what it refuses to connect now. This just started today. I deleted out the Yahoo mail account and tried reentering it into the e-mail app and now it no longer even connects to it to set up the account again, giving me a "invalid username or password" message...so aggravating.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

TechHater wrote:

I have run into the same thing with the Moto Droid...I now can no longer access my Yahoo mail through the e-mail app....I have to go through the browser to do it. It gives me "connection Error" or "Invalid username or password"  when trying to go through th e-mail app and the info I am entering is correct, so no matter what it refuses to connect now. This just started today. I deleted out the Yahoo mail account and tried reentering it into the e-mail app and now it no longer even connects to it to set up the account again, giving me a "invalid username or password" message...so aggravating.

I wonder then if the email settings are correct?   Here are some things that might help...

Verifying IMAP email settings are correct

Verifying POP email setting are correct

0 Likes
TechHater

We checked the settings and now are finding that it connects sometimes and not other times. I just checked my Yahoo mail and it worked and only an hour ago it was doing the connection error & invalid password thing again. Took it into Verizon and they could not explain why it was doing this, only that I was not the first to come in with a concern about it. Oh, well, I can always use the browser when the email app does not work!

0 Likes
sueb
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have not received any mail through my Eudora since early morning, nor can I get into my email account at verizon.net. I called their help number and heard through a recording there was an outage around VA, MD and PA... but now I hear NY only.  I have been on hold for a real long time to talk to someone in tech-support.  this is getting aggravating.Can someone from Verizon please get on this blog and tell us what is going on and when it will be fixed?  thank you

0 Likes
CDTom73

I was never able to get my hotmail account to work, like others it would work sometimes and then I would get the connection error.  Here's what my solution was.  I have a gmail account so in my hotmail account I forwarded them to my gmail account now I can read my hotmail through my gmail.  This works for me.

0 Likes