E-mail app using massive amount of data in background on Droid Mini?
MELAIK67

I have had a Droid Mini for approximately six months and just within the last three weeks started having issues with the battery draining quickly and getting hot.   It appeared to be Google Play Services using most of the battery, which I don't use.  I uninstalled Google Play and a bunch of other pre-loaded apps that I don't use which seems to have solved the battery usage issue.  However, between July 4 and July 11, my phone use 2.5MB of data just to run my e-mail app in the background. I only found out because I recieved a text from Verizon informing be that I was close to my 3MB limit.  I went into a store to ask for help and they of course were only interested in selling me a new phone or adding more MB to my data plan.  Does anyone have any thoughts as to why my e-mail would suddenly start using this much data?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: E-mail app using massive amount of data in background on Droid Mini?
mama23dogs
Legend

Delected the app.  If you can add it back with out a repeate, great, otherwise, leave it off and report the problem to the App developer.

most likely it's an item in the out box repeatedly trying to send

0 Likes
Re: E-mail app using massive amount of data in background on Droid Mini?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Melissa, we want to make sure you phone is working and that your data usage is correct. We will look into this for you. We need more information regarding your e-mail account, and about your data plan. 

Please send us a private message by visiting our Facebook page or sending us a DM to ______@VZWSupport on Twitter. This way we can further assist you.

RalphT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes