E-mail issue after upgrading to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
FRSP

I just upgraded to Android 6.0.1. Previoulsy, when e-mails received on the phone, I could either reply to them, or if Outlook is open on my desktop, they would, after five minutes, automatically go to the Outlook Inbox, and drop from my phone.  Now, the e-mails remain on the phone and have to be manually deleted.  The Server setting is set to "Delete email from server when deleted from Inbox", which is how it was before. I confirmed that e-mails are off server, and go to my Outlook ,but they remain on my phone and requiring me to manually remove them.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: E-mail issue after upgrading to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model do you have? You didn't mention it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rodgersfamily

I am having the same problem.  I have the Samsung Galaxy S6.

0 Likes
EmS2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also having the same problem and have a Samsung Galaxy S6.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

sounds like you're using pop3 email.

delete the account, recreate with auto setup & you'll have imap....delete on one device & the email's gone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

EmS2, we know that having the convince of emails deleting automatically is a big deal for you. Let’s look into this. Have you tried deleting the entire account and adding it back?

AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
EmS2
Enthusiast - Level 2

The issue is that my phone email is that it does not sync right away when I receive an email. Instead, I will get multiple emails at the same time from hours before when I should get a notification as they come in. I deleted my accounts, shut the phone off for a few minutes, turned it on and re-added my email. The problem still occurs.

0 Likes
FEC048

Exactly the same issue I am having after updating the OS and doing absolutely nothing else.  Emails will not even delete with a simple swipe anymore - one has to manually check the box and then delete.  And, for my own personal reasons, I do not want an IMAP account.

What gives? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

EmS2,

An update should improve your device experience. Let’s look into this.
I’d like for you to please take a look at your Email Sync Settings, then test. They Sync Frequency will determine how often your email account talks to the server. Keep in mind the more frequent, the more battery, and data are consumed by your device. Here are the steps: http://vz.to/1TTTWWX.

KatiM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cahillsr
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same exact Problem here. Tried clearing cache and Factory reset and email settings no luck.  Tried Gmail it works fine.

0 Likes