E-mail not working and can't connect to server
bred35

Hello, I don't know if this is related to Kit-Kat update, but a week after the update, my e-mail is no longer being updated on my Droid Razr M.  My data is enabled but e-mail has not updated for two days on my aol account.  I tried to remove account to install again but the message says it cannot connect to server.  How do re-connect to server?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: E-mail not working and can't connect to server
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello bred35,

It looks like our assistance is needed here. I can help with your email on your device. May I ask is this a personal, work, or school email address? Are you able to access the internet and other data services without the use of wifi on the Droid Razr M? I would suggest removing the email account, reboot the device, and retest. Please post results once you have done so.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
krb57610

I'm having email issues as well. It was working fine until last Friday and now it says that it "can't connect to the server." I've tried to disable and enable the app. I've checked all the settings both on the phone and from the gmail account. I've also factory reset my phone. No help. Everything else is working okay.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

krb57610,

Help has arrived! We appreciate you taking the initiative to cover some basic troubleshooting steps. If a reset has not helped, it is possible that this may be an outage with the e-mail service provider for mobile devices if all other features are working normally. Are you able to access this e-mail account online on a PC? Who is the e-mail provider? Model phone?

EfrainM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
stevenmh

Same problem here as of earlier this week.  Server can't connect over the cellular network.  It's not a setup problem because it's been working fine all along on both my phone and my wife's phone.  It's not a phone problem, because it's happening on both my phone and my wife's phone.  It's not a domain problem, because it's happening to both my domain and my wife's domain.  It's not a web host problem, because both phones can connect to the server over wi-fi and can still connect from computers.  Rebooting the phones did not help.  These are DROID RAZR MAXX HD phones, mine has the KitKat upgrade, my wife's does not.  Both using the native email app.  This is clearly a network problem and needs to be fixed ASAP.

0 Likes
kh_jenn

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes