ERIS 2.1 Update, How many people received it ?
BigKahuna

I'm just curious on how many people actually received the 2.1 update for the ERIS and their feedback. PLEASE POST so other's can decide if it's worth installing it ? and if you'll lose contacts, data, images, ETC.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: ERIS 2.1 Update, How many people received it ?
jlb5155

no problem with my wife's upgrade.  just needed to re-sync to gmail.  Still waiting on my 2.1 update.  She received hers two days ago.

0 Likes
khoaled

just got mine.  had to re-sync contacts and that was it.

0 Likes
gemax

Just got mine.Had to add shortcuts  to home screen,but pics,contacts stayed the same.

0 Likes
DanSym

Wife got hers on Saturday and is running into some issues; shes pretty unhappy with it so far. I also had to re-sync her phone to get her contacts back (although some were mystersly missing; not sure if they were stored on gmail though so....). Update has been causing a lot of freeze issues, she has probably restarted phone several times in the past two days.

I have not recieved the update yet or had much of chance to play with hers so.....

0 Likes
tork1149

Just received this morning and working ok. Location south jersey,

0 Likes
yashachan

Mine showed up sometime early, early this morning.  Installed it.

Had to re-setup home screen, wallpapers, etc. Contacts took a bit to resync, but they finally did. Pictures and apps (and their data) all appear to be there.

My biggest problems are that any keyboard accuracy I had before is totally gone, and that my phone isn't set to notify me of sent message success but it still does (has to be one of the most annoying things).

The updates to HTC Peep are great. It was a completely unusuable application before, but it looks good now (which I already knew, since one of my former roommates got an Incredible a bit before he moved out). Love the home screen zoom out thing, even if it's a bit difficult to use with how long my nails are getting, and maybe now I'll use more than three screens. I'm excited to see how Navigation compares to my TomTom (aforementioned roommate has had good experiences with it, but it's not currently showing my proper location).

I haven't noticed any change in speed yet, though I managed to get it stumbling over itself while fiddling with some menus.

0 Likes
Smokeater

Downloaded update yesterday morning, still waiting for my contacts to sync. It seems like the sync is frozen and contacts would come through. Everything else has sync'd without any problems.

If anyone has an idea how to get contacts to sync let me know.

0 Likes
ethelfred1

Mine came through 5-17 early morning...we have 3 other Eris' in the house and no one else got theirs. Having issues with Calendar, Weather was force closing...just cleared all the data under app management and resolved it, love the Google Navigation and the additional apps that are available....happy so far did not lose anything.

0 Likes
LetsgoFishing
Contributor - Level 1

got my update this past saturday am.....no longer have speed dial option. just realized not all of my contacts have been saved but that may have been b/c i did not have them setup under Google.  don't like the appearance of the calendar in the month view; dont like all those green bars.  i liked the old version better w/ a black dot letting me know there is something listed on that date.  dont see a difference in the speed. other than those minor things, no problems. 

i noticed there's a new icon under settings called 'accessibility'.  guess its new..never noticed it on the old version. what's the purpose of that?  when i tap on it, it's grayed out.

0 Likes