EVO or HD2 type phone for VZW
ldawg76

when is verizon and htc going to come out with a EVO or HD2 type phone for verizon, because the droid and droid incredible (verizons "best" phone available)  is not the incredible compared to those.   were getting TRUCKED as verizon users now in comparison

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: EVO or HD2 type phone for VZW
rinski123

I would agree.The ex got the new EVO and it is an awesome phone.I am at the end of my contract and almost bought the Incredible but thanks to Verizon's short-sided approach to supply,I am still phoneless.I dont know when we will actually see the Extreme/Shadow and I am now trying to explain to myself why I should not switch to Sprint.You know I must be desperate.Tell me something Verizon...

0 Likes
ldawg76

no i totally feel you, with these phones that t mobile and sprint have out now i feel like we are getting duped by verizon, the DROID is lame compared to the EVO and HD2 . no to mention sprint has better plans especially for smart phones now. im highly considering breaking my contract to go to sprint.

0 Likes
crystal71978

You have fun switching to Sprint.  I have friends who went with Sprint who are now stuck in a 2 year contract with crap service.  Calls dropping, not receiving text messages, calls not coming through, etc.  Let's just say that they are not happy.  With technology the way it is today, people just need to come to the realization that you will never have the latest and greatest--as soon as you get something that you think is the best, something better will come out.

0 Likes
ldawg76

i know people with sprint also that dont have those problems and are very happy with their service.

those problems you listed on a rarity can happen on any cell phone carrier,  sometimes that happens with verizon too that i and others have experienced. as people with other companies,  not company is 100% fool proof 100% of the time.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

yes...it happens with vzn. and yes....some sprint customers get great coverage. however, it's a fact that vzn has the best coverage....hands down. both of those phones are cool. but at the end of april, the incredible was THE BEST. like crystal said, with technology the way it is, just wait 2 months and EVO users will be asking why sprint doesn't have this or that. the incredible was the best when it came out (and the moto droid was the best when it came out).....and a better phone came out later. there is a device war going on this summer and you should keep in mind that vzn still has AT LEAST 2 droids to unveil this year. now i don't know what the other carriers have lined up, but i suspect that from now on all of the carriers will be periodically putting out new phones....and they will each get to have the "latest and greatest" for a few months (or weeks). i'd love a front facing cam, but not at the expense of my coverage.

if you are really thinking of going elsewhere, just test out your friends phones when you are in areas that you use the phone most often. if your happy with the coverage, then cool. i'm in the desert and can't tell you how many times i have to lend my buddies with iphones my phone to use. sprint seems a bit better though.

0 Likes
ldawg76

id have to admit GREAT POINT with the phone wars and such.  i dont really have the service problem with any carrier i am in the midwest in ilinois so my VZN is just as good as Spints is here. AT&T as the the weak coverage in these parts.  but well see i just thirsty now i may just wait to see what VZ is going to do.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

lol....i grew up in springfield and went to school down at SIUC. if you're in no hurry than wait a bit. i'm guessin that with the EVO released and the iphone4 comin out in a couple weeks, that motorola and verizon will be quick to get the specs on the next droid out to us (well, at least. if it's impressive and could compete with the others...which i think it will).

0 Likes
rinski123

I am not always seeking the latest and the greatest.I wont go Iphone because of Apple/Att.I know verizon has a great network.I have friends who have the Incredible and it is nice.But the Evo has the size,speed and features I could live with for a 2 year contract.I know Sprint is not as good but here in Florida there is not that much differenceI suppose I can wait to see the new Motorola phone since I would have to wait a monthfor the Incredible anyway..Does Verizon care if they lose me?Probably not.I just want a decent phone.Any help Verizon?

0 Likes