Edit contacts
BOBWBSGS

How can I export the (phone) contacts list to a text file, edit that file from my PC, then import the edited file to my contacts list?
  Sure, I can edit each entry on my (S7) phone, but that takes forever; and, it must be done for each phone.

Thanks & Cheers, Bob

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Edit contacts
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is there not an import/export option in the Contacts application?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BOBWBSGS,

Managing your contacts from the phone can definitely be a pain and we're happy to help out. Ann154 is a 100% right. With the Samsung Galaxy S7 you would indeed have the option to import/export contacts straight from the Contacts application. Take a look here to see how http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-203121/. Once saved to your SD card you would then be able to copy the file to your PC to open and edit as needed and then import the new file to your device using a similar method. Also, if you use Verizon Cloud to backup your contacts you can even edit contacts by signing into your online My Verizon account. See how to get started with that here http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-123985/.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

gmail contacts makes it easy & is available on all devices.

0 Likes
BOBWBSGS

Got it, thanks.  But I don't have a µSD card in my S7, and I don't have a µSD card reader for my PC.

I did export to a Contacts.vcf file and tried to attach that (8KB) .vcf file to an email, but the attachment was stripped from the email before I could read it on my PC; I don't know why.  I also tried directly attaching all of my contacts to an email, without the intervening step of exporting to a .vcf, but that had the same result.

Related Q:  When I attach my Nook to my PC via USB, the files on the Nook are R/W accessible to the (Win10) PC, but when I attach my S7 to my PC via USB, the device is visible, but I can't expand the device to see the files.  Why?

Thanks & Cheers, Bob

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You have to swipe the notification bar to open the notification shade and change the USB connection type from charging only to File Transfer in order to access your files from the computer.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes